1: Bets

It all started a few months ago. Sam was in the library, what a surprise!, when he got a visit from the Archangel ex-Trickster. He was trying to pull Sam away from the book he was currently readying and have some fun.

"Lighten up Moosey!" Gabriel exclaimed, putting a sucker into his mouth. "Go out and have some fun!"

"I'll have fun once we catch this werewolf." Sam said, turning a page.

"You said that last time with the Djinn, and before that with the Wendigo. There's always another excuse." The Angel whined. Sam sighed, closing his eyes and pinching the brink of his nose.

"Fine, just this once." Sam said, making Gabe smile in success. "But after we finish this hunt." Gabriel groaned.

"But whyyyyy?"

"Because people are dying and we need to stop it." Sam said calmly. He had gotten a bit used to Gabriel's whines.

"But people are always dying." Gabe said. Sam looked up from his book and at the Archangel.

"Gabe, I promise once we finish, I will go have fun with you, ok?" Sam said, turning back to his book. "And if I don't, you can prank me for three days as punishment." He knew he'd regret that one day.

"Ok!" Gabe said, flying off. Finally, peace and quiet.

-----

It's been two days and they finally found the werewolf. Except there was a whole nest of them. Dean and Sam made it out alive, but Sam was more injured, having to fight off three of them while Dean got out the victims. But they rescued them and the creatures were dead. That's all that matters.

They arrived back at the bunker covered in mud, guts, and blood. Agreeing to take showers before fixing up Sam, they went their separate ways before meeting up in the med room. Sam had many cuts, some deeper than others, but they weren't bleeding too badly anymore. After the shower, they had been cleaned to a decent amount and could be stitched up.

That was when the Angel decided to show up.

"Hia Sammy!" Gabriel said.

"What are you doing here?" Dean asked. He still wasn't fond of the ex-Trickster.

"It's alright Dean." Sam said, wincing when he stood up.

"So, can we go now?" Gabe asked.

"Oh no, Sam's not going anywhere in this condition. And definitely not with you." Dean stated, crossing his arms.

"Seems like someone is over protective." Gabe mumbled, but Dean heard it. He threw a punch, but he just hit air. He turned around to see Gabriel now beside Sam. "Sooo, remember our agreement?" Gabe said.

"Yeah, I did." Sam sighed, totally regretting that bet. "Three days to do whatever you want."

"Yep." And then he was gone, leaving a confused and annoyed older brother.

"What was that agreement about?" Dean asked.

"He has been trying to get me out of the bunker for the past week, but I kept putting it off." Sam started. "So I agreed to go with him after this hunt."

"I hear a 'but' coming." Dean said.

"But, if I broke that promise or couldn't go, I'd let him prank me for three days." Sam finished.

"Sammy!" Dean groaned, turning away.

"I'm sorry, ok? I didn't think it would actually happen! He was bothering me while I was researching and I had to get him to leave. It was the only thing I could think of!" Sam tried to defend himself from his brother's annoyance.

"Well, all I can say is good luck." Dean said, walking off. "Cause I think you're going to need it."