37. The Oblivious Girl

_____Amanda______

Amanda couldn't sleep. She closed her eyes and chanted about jumping sheep, but nothing worked. She was awake.

Summoning.

Magic.

And she had a bit of a headache.

She better go outside for some fresh air. Amanda watched the shadows move in the corner of her eyes.

It was cold.

She closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. A grin spread on her lips.

Amanda Kayrin. That was her name. She was the daughter of a duke, a side character in the game. A very righteous and brave girl with decent magic aptitude- she snorted- the Amanda in the game wasn't very noticeable or pretty.

The in-game Amanda was an annoying type of girl, and was only fleetingly mentioned a few times. She was basically an in-game human rights activist. And feminist. And vegan. And... well, anything you could think of.

The game plot was simple, befitting an otome game. There were two major goals for the protagonist. One, to capture a capture target, of course. Depending on the route, you could be friends with them, fall in love with one of them, or maybe build a harem. If you were lucky, of course. If you were unlucky, they might even kill you.

There were seven main capture targets, each with different personalities, and two hidden capture targets. Amanda reminisced about playing the game. She, of course, had captured every single one of the capture targets. Even the harem route didn't go unnoticed, though that route was more of a defeat- only after several hundred youtube videos and countless dollar bills did Amanda finally complete the end scene.

There was the main, evil, villainess, and several side-villainesses for specific characters.

Each character was fleshed out well, and had reasons, goals, and relatable emotions.

But that wasn't important. Amanda wasn't the heroine, anyway. The capture targets were cute to look at, but who cared about the heroine's private life.

Amanda regretted her wish. If she had known she was going to be reincarnated into a game, she should have told the goddess that she wanted to be the heroine. That would be her wish. Not just stupidly remembering all the storylines. The storylines that only brought about despair and anxiety. Anxiety since she couldn't do anything to change it. Which was also stupid, since it wasn't her job to save the world.

Amanda snorted to herself and kept walking.

It was dark with the lights mostly out. There was only thin fires and the flickering of mana lamps. She could have brought a coat, Amanda cursed to herself.

Amanda didn't expect to bump into someone.

"Sorry, my bad." Amanda said absentmindedly. She prepared to walk away, then stopped, her expression turning strange. The man who bumped into her looked surprised. He also looked very suspicious. He was covered completely in black cloth, and was wearing a hat, kind of like an assassin or something. Even his face was completely covered.

Amanda leapt back, nervous. This didn't feel good.

He sighed. "Sorry." he grunted. "Oh. More stock."

Her eyes went towards the man for a second, before flitting behind him. Was that... a sack? She wondered. And it was wriggling. What the hell was that? What was inside that? The sack was so big, too, as if a human could fit inside it... a human... fit inside...

Amanda's eyes widened. Her body stiffened as she realized what she was seeing.

"Now be quiet, little girl." the man whispered to me, grinning. "It wouldn't do if you were too noisy." The words snapped Amanda out of her stupor.