Chapter 6

Rudy heard Kara's voice ring out in the distance. The others released a sigh of relief knowing that any minute now, Kara would come, explain the danger, possibly give them the gem, and get them on their way to a Jumanji statue.

Something felt different though, and Mini, Brynne, Aiden, and Nikita could all feel it.

"DUCK!" Hira had screamed, taking cover as an airplane soared above them.

Everyone ducked. Well, except for Rudy who stared in shock at the NPC who was in a plane instead of a jeep.

The plane skidded to a stop, just inches in front of Rudy, who stared, wide-eyed, at the polished white airplane.

Kara gleefully hopped out, "Welcome to Jumanji! Jumanji is in peril once more and it's up to you to help us again! In your back pocket, Princess Lightningale, you will see the letter delivered to you that will explain, in detail, what your mission is. As a summary, you must find the falcon heart, a stone kept by a native leader. Once you find it, bring it into the light, where the rays of Jumanji's sun will restore it. Oh, and don't forget, once you bring it out, raise it to the sky and call out its name! Do you accept this mission?"

Keira nodded enthusiastically, checking her back pocket. Sure enough, she found a little envelope with a letter inside, most likely explaining everything. Before she could read out loud, though, Kara grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her into the plane. The others had to follow.

"Quick question. What is a falcon heart?" Hira asked.

Kara laughed as if it was obvious, "Ahhh, Aubergine Crusher. Very inquisitive. Everything is in the letter."

Mini gaped at Kara, "Aren't you supposed to be in a jeep? And what about the statue? I thought it was a Jumanji jewel, not the Falcon heart!"

Kara smiled, starting the plane, "Dear, Booksy. This is the next level of your quest. Comes with significant upgrades, if I do say so myself."

"Did she just break the fourth wall of the game?" Rudy grumbled.

Everyone ignored him, as usual. Kara waved the letter in the air, "Maybe this'll help."

The moment she opened it, the gang was sacked into a cut scene, the narrator explaining the plot of the game. His voice rang out, " The peace of the Land of Jumanji is once again at stake. Carja the Cruel - the murder known for killing the parents of Princess Lightningale, the King and Queen - has stolen the Falcon Heart Jemstone. The stone, if it stays in contact with sunlight, provides bountiful harvests for the inhabitants of the land. Carja the Cruel, stole it from a Native Tribe's leader and locked it in a box that allows no light into it. Without the gem, the people have been driven into starvation. Getting the gem and bringing it back, is the only way to save this world, once more. Once the gem is found, hold it to the sun and call out the name of Jumanji, for it is counting on you."

After being informed of the new evil that rose in Jumanji, Kara leaped out of her seat after putting the plane on autopilot. She handed everyone bulky backpacks, which they swung on their backs securely.

"Uh... What's this?" Viper, (Nikita) hissed softly.

Kara stared at her for a moment.

"Hello?" Keira asked.

"My apologies, Princess were you saying something?" Kara asked, shaken out of her daze.

"Of course she only responds to Keira," Nikita huffed, narrowing her eyes.

"Um, well what are the backpacks?" Keira asked, ignoring Nikita.

"Oh! Well they are parachutes of course! You're going to need them to get out of the plane. There aren't very good landing spots in the desert, you know," Kara replied.