"Okay, let's think about it thoroughly." Lisa sat up straight. "It's just a job, Lisa. Taking a job from an ex is not a crime. It is not an infidelity, unless she did something – god damn it, let's not go there." Lisa buried her face in her hands. "Um. . . when she said I am the one who try to break us apart, why? There are possibilities but maybe it's because I act so insecure and stupid over nothing."

"But why did she have to hide it from me?" She wetted her lips. "Well, probably because I'd say no immediately. Then when will she tell me? After it's done? What is her purpose? Why am I asking myself and not her?"

"Whatever. I'm gonna sleep."

Ten minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Twenty seven min-

"Screw this. I can't do this." Lisa abruptly kicked the blanket. She quietly crossed the hall. As she arrived before the master bedroom door, she raised her hand hesitantly.

Most likely, Jennie will yell at her – no, she wouldn't do that. Not when the triplets were home. Unlike her, Jennie was very considerate. Cold shoulder, yeah, that was possible.

Carefully, Lisa opened the thick door. Soon, her eyes met Jennie's. The latter was sitting straight on the bed with swollen eyes and red cheeks. Lisa stuck on the spot, didn't know what to do.

She gulped, feeling incredibly guilty. She slowly closed the door and leaned on it. "I'm not used to sleep without you."

"..."

"Say something, please."

"You have not changed. Why can't you change?"

"I'm sorry." Lisa muttered under her breath. "I'm so sorry."

Jennie lifelessly dragged her feet towards her wife. Lisa closed her eyes, ready for the impact of Jennie's wrath. She held her breath when Jennie grabbed her face. Unexpectedly, instead of a punch, she received a deep, long kiss instead. Lisa instinctively wrapped her arms around Jennie's body.

"You're crazy and I hate you." Jennie mumbled between the kiss. "I hate you for shouting, I hate you for your ego, thoughtlessness, for blaming me for nothing, for not trusting me. I hate you, Lisa." She massaged Lisa's scalp softly. "Don't make me doubt what we have." Jennie breathed out.

"Don't." Lisa rested her head on Jennie's. "We'll work something out."

"Work what out?" Jennie stared at Lisa's eyes intently. "I'm trying to prove myself to you, over and over again. Keeping it as a secret is not going to last forever. Once it's over, I will tell you. Just so you know nothing's change. ChaHee or whoever it is will not replace you. So I'm not sorry, Lisa. I really am not."

"She has a hidden agenda and you know it."

"Who cares? It must be you because frankly, I don't. It doesn't work one way, Lisa. I don't care about her feelings. I said yes to you, didn't I?"

"I don't like her."

"You're an adult. Stop acting like a child."

"But-"

"Let me ask you a question. Should Yeri come to the hospital, bleeding and all that. Will you call me just to ask my permission to help her? Will you tell me at all?"

"It's a matter of life and death. It's not the same. ChaHee is not dying-"

"But her company is." Jennie cut her off. "Her company is dying, Lisa. That's why I help her. I look at the file, I listen to her. It's a three months contract. Hopefully, she will recover by then because I know I can't do it longer than that.

Arms of The Angels (Book II - Home (Jenlisa))जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें