Chapter 8 : Euphoria

Começar do início

Harry was truly furious, the thought of Draco disappearing from his eyes, from his life was frightening. It was chilling.

Seeing the anger and fear mixed in Harry's eyes, Draco paused and gazed deep into them. Harry was angry. He was angry because of Draco. He was angry thinking that something would happen to Draco. The discovery calmed his irritated heart in the single flutter of his tresses.

Draco's bony and slender palms overlapped Harry's own much larger ones. Draco's hands were so pale that the veins inside seemed like rivers of blue flowing through misty valleys. The nails pink and small, the fingers long and defined. These hands were the ones who punched Harry's face and ripped his clothes at various occasions. How can they still look so delicate ?

' How pretty . Even his hands are like sculptured artwork. How can anyone be so beautiful ?'

It was a stunning picture. Draco with his pale cheeks resting in Harry's palms, his pale fingers splayed over Harry's much darker, larger and rugged hands. So precious. So precious that Harry wanted to pick him up, lock him in an unbreakable glass box and carry him everywhere. Showing him off to everyone but letting no one even think of touching him.

Harry did not even realise that he was staring. And Draco who was confused and scared did not dare to move an inch. For one because there was no space to move with how close Harry was . And another was that his back had goosebumps with the way Harry was looking at him. Like if he even dared to move his eyes away, he will go berserk, like he will eat Draco whole.

Finally, unable to keep his eyes open without blinking anymore, he called,          " Potter ?"

When Harry heard Draco's sultry whisper, it was as if a spell on his hands, commanding them to move lower, pull closer, explore wider and touch more. Over that, the light blush in his eyes did nothing to convince his body to stop.

Harry forcefully jerked his own hand and took on the cold and hard mask he had when in the company of others.

Draco finally had enough and vigorously started rubbing his eyes. Because he did not blink, they got dry and itchy very fast resulting in the redness due to overly scanty moisture. Not blinking was worse than dying by Potter's hands.

Moving back to stand straight, Harry caught the sight of Draco innocently rubbing his eyes, tears gathering at the end of his silky lashes.

' He must still be sleepy. Ahhh! Now I feel like an obsessive pervert'

Harry thought as Draco , unable to realise the hellish turmoil he was wrecking in Harry's brain , looked up to him with glassy blushing eyes and blinked, fluttering his curly wet tresses. His lips parted to display a small red tongue resting there, as if a sweet sensual fruit soaked in flowery wine to create an aphrodisiac for every sense - sight, touch, taste, smell and sound, just waiting to be consumed with delight.

SNAP! - and Harry's brain short circuits. In frantic hands, he pulled up the comforter , completely wrapping Draco in it and ran outside as if Snape was just behind chasing him. With a thud the door banged close.

" Hah. Hah. Hah" Harry took deep breaths through his parched and bobbing throat. Trying to cool the heat spreading through his body and the mysterious intoxication muddling his brain.

Panting, he stood there in the silence with his back against the tapestry . Sliding down, he silently pulled up his knees to bury his head in them.

' Draco Malfoy, What tricks are you playing on me? Or is it me who's going insane ?'

If Draco was playing tricks or if Harry was going bonkers was unclear. But what was sure was that Voldemort was stupid. Why kill people to make horcrux when there was Draco ? One soft glare and a soul tears in two. One small smile and a soul tears into a hundred. Draco would be a hot commodity for future dark lords. If he ever wanted to open a shop in diagon alley the name would go something like - ' Malfoy's Soul Tearing Shop' with a ' 40% discount for Slytherins and future dark lords and absolutely free if it's Professor Snape ' also included below it. HAHAHA !!! It would be hilarious , wouldn't it ?