Arc 1 - Me

>sigh< another day, another battle, another fake smile and a memory that I still have to endure. I said to myself as I opened my eyes from my bed and squinting from the light that passes through my window, as I sat up. My desktop clock says 7 am. Still a little early for my class but just enough for me to take my time to prepare. I dragged myself from my room to the bath deprived of any thought. As I started to put on my clothes, the calendar beside my one and only square mirror caught my eye on the circled number - 15.

 As I started to put on my clothes, the calendar beside my one and only square mirror caught my eye on the circled number - 15

It's already been three years, huh. Ever since, I was allowed to have a job and not rely on my relatives, I sought my way through the city to find one. Lucky enough, there was a vacancy in a newly established bookshop cafe near my school. Part-time as it is, it was enough for my daily expenses, rent, food and pocket money to live by and the owner is nice, too. Lucky - he's a beta.

As I walked my way to my school, I was greeted by my friend Gregory

As I walked my way to my school, I was greeted by my friend Gregory. "Elphias, wait up!"

"Oi, what's up?" I replied.

"Old man Noah, wants to talk to you later." He said gasping for air. He's been living with his parents around 2 blocks away from my apartment.

"Yeah, sure." I said curtly.

"Yeah, so. Let's go. We'll be late. Come on!" He then grabbed my arm yanking me forward. We were just past the pedestrian when a loud voice shouted from across the street.

"Gregory, Elphias!" he shouted mounted on his bike.

"Yo, Terran!" Gregory retorted. "Oh!" I gasped as Gregory unintentionally suddenly stopped and bopped my nose on his back.

Terran crossed the street and together we went to our school. Together, I looked stunted. These guys ran 5 feet 8 to 6 feet in height. Me - heh! - mere 5 feet 5. Oh! Why am I born an omega? Then there's the heat period. Geez!

We are passing through the bookshop cafe that me, and Gregory are working at, when suddenly - CRASH! SCREECH! BANG! BANG!

I was suddenly covered in cold sweat. I grabbed my ears, as I tremble on my feet. No! Stop! MOM! DAD! Stop fighting! Dad! Road! BANG!........... *beep*

"Elphias! Dude, come back!"

I don't know who shouted but I can't stop my feet running! I remembered my accident four years ago. My nightmare. My death. Yes! My death. I don't really remember much of what happened that day but my relatives told me that my parents died on the spot and I was declared dead for almost ten minutes. That it was thanks to the doctor that was attending to me that time that I was revived. Why am I alive!? I was better of dead than endure this everyday!

I never did watched where I am going but I found myself right in front of our school gate. I was still in full speed, when suddenly I hit something. It was not hard but still I was thrown off off my feet. With tears in my eyes, I stood up bowing and yelled I'm sorry to the person I bumped into and went directly inside the building straight to the bathroom where I balled my eyes out.

____________________________________________________
word count : 557