🌧Blue Roses 2 🌧

No one asked, but I made this, so you're dealing with it

                     _____________

  Two years. Exactly two years sense that fateful day in the rose garden, like advised (Y/N) talked things out with Mello, otherwise known as Miheal Keehl, and he told her that he thought it over, and he was willing to wait for the girl, if the same goes if she would wait for him. And of course she said she'd wait however long he needed.  And he only needed a year, they've been a happy couple for nearly one year, they were happy as one could ever be. And it hurt, it hurt the Kurta so much.

   He always stood on the side lines, never standing out to the person that stood out to him. Every day his love grew for the girl, and every day the pain settled in even harder.

  He stared at the scene that he saw, (Y/N) and Mello out on a date. The two were smiling and laughing, having a wonderful time. Unfortunately for the blonde, he just so happened to be at the same local with Leorio. They were at the mall, and the couple was located on the other side of the second floor gap that peers down into the first floor, Kurapika rested his head on the bar that was there to protect people from falling.

 They were at the mall, and the couple was located on the other side of the second floor gap that peers down into the first floor, Kurapika rested his head on the bar that was there to protect people from falling

(This^^ I'm not the best at describing it)

  The taller man's eyes shifted to Kurapika, taking note of his sad demeanor.

"Yo, Kurapika, what's wrong?" Leorio inquires.

"Nothing's wrong Leorio." The boy doesn't bare to look at him, keeping his eyes focused on the (H/C) hair he so adored.

"Really? Your scarlet eyes say different bud. You wouldn't think I'd notice under those contacts of yours, did ya? But I've known you long enough to pick up on it so come on tell me what's wrong!" He patted Kurapika on the back, getting closer to him. "My eyes are scarlet...? I wasn't aware that it hurt that bad.." he mumbled slightly under his breath, to himself and only himself, however Leorio heard. His eyes followed Kurapika's taking note of just exactly he was looking at. "You're sad you're single? Well I can set you up on a date if that's the case!" He proclaims, to which the blonde slightly shakes his head.

"No Leorio, that's not it at all, I don't want to be set up with someone random."

Leorio pondered for a moment, keeping his eyes on the couple, they were facing the opposite direction of the two males so he couldn't see their faces, but once they turned around he immediately recognized them. "Mello and (Y/N)...? Now why exactly..." Leorio drifted off, trying to think of a logical answer, till he came to one. "You're in love with (Y/N)! Aren't you?! That's it! You're mopping because she's with Mello!"

Kurapika's heart dropped when the slender man found out, though that didn't stop the ever growing blush on his face. "Be quiet Leorio, let's discuss this matter in another place."

____________

They both walked to a nearby fast food joint in the food court, and ordered some light meals, then sat down.

"So, Kurapika, spill. You're in love with her, aren't you?" Leorio got straight to the point, the blonde nodded as his response. "But she's with Mello, so you're hurt?" The man continues, as Kurapika continues to nod. "For how long exactly?"

"I assume three years, but I've only known for two..." he finally speaks, his tone being soft with melancholy laced all over it.

"Two years! And you didn't tell me!! Come on man, I coulda set you up with her! They've only been dating for what, a year??" Leorio exclaims.

"You don't know the full story Leorio, I've known she was in love with Mello, I know how much she loves him, she sobbed to me two years back to me about he rejected her, and in that moment I wanted to tell her to forget about it! I truly did, but I told her to chase after him, and he decided to let her, they waited for each other. I figured out how she felt that day towards him, and I figured out how I felt towards her. This feeling is only unrequited, and it'll always be. Blue roses Blue Roses, oh how they make me feel..."

"Blue roses...? What does that have to do with all of this?" The man asked clearly confused.

"Do you know what they mean? In flower language." Kurapika paused giving Leorio a moment to shake his head 'no.' "They signify obtaining the unattainable, however when it comes to romance they mean, true love that is unattainable, unrequited love. On the broad spectrum of unattainable, that means a lot to me... the unattainable flowers of my youth, and the unattainable girl that sat sobbing in a beautiful patch of blue roses, nearly as beautiful as herself.." He ranted, beginning to trail off. Leorio stared in awe, he never knew Kurapika knew these kinds of things.

  "That's very bittersweet Kurapika, I don't know what else I can tell you..."

  Silence filled the two for short moments before the blondes voice penetrated the air around them. "Nothing, you don't have to tell me anything Leorio, I think it's better if we moved off of this topic." Instead of heeding Kurapika's words, the black hair male persisted, for one final thought. "It's like you have metaphorical Hanahaki."

   Kurapika shot up slightly, confused. "The fictional disease?" Leorio nodded, then spoke "Yea; an unrequited love, that makes you feel as if you're dying. Not to mention the whole Rose thing. Surprise that you haven't magically gotten it."

  Kurapika shot him an unamused look. "It's fictional, that's why I haven't gotten it. I would most certainly die if I did though, and I would blame you for it."

  Leorio grew slightly annoyed. "Hey! Why's that!"

  "Because you jinxed me!" He retaliated. Once again the two fell quiet, only the murmurs of the people in the back could be heard, they grew louder and louder, until Kurapika couldn't hear himself think. He was lost some where else, unknown.

    Soon he snapped out of his trance, breaking the silence once again. "Like I said, let's just get off of this topic Leorio." Finally they do and begin eating their now lukewarm food, over plain small talk, disregarding all things that had been said prior.

____________
Word count: 1070

I'm ending this one here, I have an idea for a third part, only if y'all want it 👀☕️

This one was going to be longer, but I have no idea how to continue it, I just wanted to show that they did in fact get together and that Kurapika is heartbroken so ✌️