Chapter 2

I woke up.....

The atmosphere was still very quiet, I looked around and found my friends were still sleeping in their dreams.

I looked at the digital watch on my hand and found that it was still 3:15 am, too early for someone to wake up since they started falling asleep.

The average time humans fall asleep is 6-8 hours a day, it is a normal time for the body to rest and restore energy wasted during activities throughout the day.

I try to close my eyes again and try to fall asleep for at least 2 hours.

Right after I closed my eyes, a certain memory flashed... no, I'm not sure I ever had this memory or experienced this... was it—, a dream?

No, this is a path in the forest that I walked a while ago.

I stood facing the depths of the forest to the north ...

This place was exactly like the place I had been through before—, the large trees with many branching branches forming like an irregular cobweb.

The tree trunks seemed to be moving in the direction of the wind, moving away from a point—, or maybe a place....

In the midst of that ...

I, I aimed my flashlight trying to penetrate the dark night between the trees with the existing light.

I could feel something creeping out like a living thing or something struggling to be reached.

I walk...

Trying to get closer ...

The steps I took were as heavy as the ones I felt last night.

When my feet took 3 steps, something strong hit me.

Those big black hands, gripped me so tightly that I couldn't feel my two hands.

And that's when I was dragged into the darkness of the secret kept by the night—

"Ah-,"

I woke up, sweating all over my body.

Amidst the calm of the night, I only heard the sound of panting irregularly, my body stiffened a little, remembering what I saw in the strange dream I had just now.

The sound of night animals grew louder. So strong that it screamed my ears. Strangely, it looks like I'm the only one who heard it, my friends are still fast asleep at the moment. Didn't feel the slightest oddity that nature showed.

The sound of the night like muttering to one another, at the same time, it sounded like a call for something even more terrifying amidst the darkness of the night.

I desperately tried to cover my ears with my hands.

My body that started to ache with the hard ground made my current situation very sickening.

I looked at my watch and found it was 4:15 a.m., an hour has passed since I woke up earlier.

A few minutes later, the sounds of the night animals calmed down again, show a more normal night atmosphere.

I stretched out and sighed heavily.

There is something wrong with me.... No—, somehow my instinct told me, something bad was going to happen... it was happening right now. in this place, this island, right now.

I closed my eyes one last time. The fatigue was really mounting and my body felt weak.

I closed my eyes with my arms and fell asleep, hoping that this time nothing strange happened again.