Chapter Thirty Eight: Study Dates!

Start from the beginning

Her head perked up when she spotted Daisy in the hallway, and she went over to her friend when she realized that she was talking with Toni. They were in a deep conversation, and Toni's eyes flickered to her.

Cheryl frowned as Toni looked away to talk to Daisy. She sighed and shook her head, walking to her next period class. Her Mary-Jane heels clicked on the dirty floor while she tried to get through the crowd.

She eventually arrived at her classroom and sat down in her seat. Cheryl looked around for Toni—the two of them had math together, and hopefully, Toni would tell her how Daisy was doing.

Cheryl was checking over her homework when out of the corner of her eyes, she spotted Toni's black roots. She perked up, and Toni flashed her a smile.

"Hey, TT!" Said Cheryl, using Toni's nickname before lowering her voice. "How's—"

"Daisy is alright—she just feels hurt that no one told her what was happening," Said Toni, biting her lips. "And I feel horrible."

"Me too," Nodded Cheryl. "But you shouldn't feel guilty because it wasn't your fault, TT."

"Okay..." Sighed Toni. "You should talk to her after a couple of days has passed like Chanel suggested—I assume that she told you to wait?"

"Yeah," Chuckled Cheryl, then shook her head. "Anyways, did you do your math homework?"

Toni nodded and said, "I was quite struggling with it and I had to ask Chanel for help."

"Aw," Said Cheryl. "You know that you can ask me, right?"

"I-I didn't want to bother you," Mumbled Toni, looking away. "I know you're busy and you probably don't have time—"

"Well, Toni, I have all the time in the world," Laughed Cheryl. "And besides, I don't mind helping you with your homework. It's quite relaxing and peaceful."

Toni's cheek blushed, and she nodded. Toni smiled at her. "I'll take that into consideration next time when I need help..."

"Alright," Smiled Cheryl.

Toni opened her mouth to say something when their teacher walked in, starting the lesson. Cheryl looked down at her planner and quickly wrote a reminder to study for a unit test on Friday...

The class period was over, and Cheryl got up as the bell rang. She waved goodbye to Toni, who was still writing down notes from the lesson. The pink-haired girl half-smiled at her, and Cheryl left the classroom.

Cheryl felt a bit disappointed, knowing that she won't see Toni for the rest of the day as they didn't have any more classes together. She sighed and clutched her binder close to her chest. If only they could spend more time together...

It was the last period of the day, and Cheryl sat behind the library desk, reading a book. She had Study Hall last, and Cheryl worked in the library—meaning she was surrounded by her favorite things—books.

Cheryl's head was buried in a fiction book that she had founded and instantly loved while people were quietly chatting around her. She had lost herself in a world of fantasy and imagination that she didn't notice someone was standing in front of her till they coughed.

She looked up, and her eyes widened at Reggie. Reggie's black hair draped down his face, and his dark brown eyes stared at her. He wore a smile on his face—a genuine smile.

They haven't talked at all since the day that Cheryl told him that she wasn't pregnant. It was awkward between them, and Cheryl uncomfortably shifted underneath his gaze.