Chapter One ・The Arrival

I had just arrived at The Voice studios. It had been a very long train journey and it was only 11am. I wasn't extremely nervous, which was surprising. The only thing I could do was wait. I sat in the waiting room with all the other contestants. There were loads of them.

Since the wait was gonna be a few more hours, I decided to head to the bathroom. I checked the mirror and smiled at my reflection. I had chosen to wear a black crop top with black jeans, a gold-studded kaki jacket and black-and-gold wedges. I had gone all out and straightened my hair and applied a vampy dark lip and my usual winged liner. And even though they can't see me at first, sooner or later they're gonna have to turn around. I smoothed down the material of my jeans and walked out.

I returned to my seat in the waiting room with my best friends Blair, Quinn and Dani. My family couldn't make it due to a bug that was going around but they still insisted I went, despite my protest. At least it took the pressure off me.

"Who are you hoping will turn around?" Quinn asked when I sat down.
"All of them." I laughed. "But any, really, I don't mind. Just... I mean, how embarrassing will it be if no one turns around and it gets shown on TV. I'd kill myself."
"You'll be fine, just keep calm and remember to breathe." Quinn said.
"Yeah," Blair added. "Okay. So, let's say they all turn around. Who'd you pick?"
"Um..."

I'd obviously thought about it a lot. But now that I was there, I wasn't so sure. Definitely not Tom, I never knew any of his music apart from Sex Bomb. But everyone else was a complete win win. I adore Rita, I think she's wonderful. So maybe her. But Will.i.Am is a massive producer. It was surely a possibility, as he could help me sell millions of records worldwide. And then Ricky. Okay, I have to admit, I thought he was gorgeous. Everything about him made me melt. But I'd have to hear how good he is at pitching before I could decide.

"I'm not sure. Maybe Will. Or Ricky. But Rita's great too." I said. "It depends on who turns around. If it's them all... Then... I don't know. I'll see."