twenty four

chapter 24; I must admit I thought i'd like to make you mine

"Thanks for taking me to coffee." I looked over at Reid as we waited for the subway.

"It was a place I've been wanting to share with someone for a long time. It's one of my favourite places." Spencer said, shifting his weight.

I was thankful that this morning adventure wasn't as awkward as it could be. Since my kidnapping I had to always have someone with me, and unfortunately for us this morning was Reid's turn. It wasn't long ago that I had kissed him in my bedroom. I could feel my face flush again and I turned away from him, hoping he wouldn't see it. It was a cold and rainy morning and the subway platform was no exception. I felt something touch my arm and I looked over at Reid who had taken a step closer to me. I smiled at him.

"I think we should reach out to the Raven." I told him. His brows furrowed as he looked down at me.

"Why would we do that?" He asked, his tone defensive.

"Well we are kind of at a stand still. Maybe we can get under her skin and she will reveal something to us." Reid shook his head.

"And risk something happening to you again? Not a chance." He stubbornly looked over at the train that had started nearing us.

"Well it's a good thing I don't need your permission darling. I'll ask the team when we get in." I smiled and boarded the train, Reid right behind me. It was already crowded on the subway but Reid held the bar above us and created a barrier. He didn't say anymore until we got off, probably lost in thought.

"I just don't want you to have to go through that again." He spoke up as we got off the subway. I elbowed him slightly as we walked.

"I don't want to either, but I also don't want people to die. Plus I wont be going anywhere without some member of the team."

When we got to our floor I went straight to Hotch's office. I knocked on the door, and upon hearing a reply I entered.

"Good morning Adeline, can I help you?" His pen was posed in mid air, and I hated my timing in that moment.

"Yes. I was just thinking on the way over here, what if we were to contact the Raven ourselves? She's been using the same email, and if we were to call or send an email then we could maybe make her reveal something about herself." I was hesitant and sat on the edge of the seat.

"Do you think we would get anything out of it?" He asks, folding his hands. I nodded frantically.

"Yes totally. If we play our cards right then we may learn her next target."

Hotch nodded in response, probably thinking of all the consequences.

"Alright, let's play it out."

~~~

On the other side of the glass Reid had sat at his desk and started filling out numerous forms. Morgan had other ideas and stood next to him, leaning against his desk.

"You two are early." He asked, a lewd suggestion on the tip of his tongue. Spencer sighed.

"Yes, well it is my turn to escort her to work, so I figured we should stop for coffee." He tried not to pay attention to Morgan, but wasn't successful. 

"We never get coffee before work."

"That's because sometimes you don't wake up in your own place." Spencer smirked at him, leaning back in his chair.

"Oh so it's going to be like that? I can take a hit..." Morgan playfully put up his hands in a mock defense. JJ came over to join the conversation.

"Something interesting happening?" She stood next to Morgan with a hand on her hip, looking between the two. Spencer shook his head.

"Pretty boy got coffee early this morning with Adeline." Morgan's eyebrows raised as if suggesting something more and JJ gasped dramatically. She looked at Spencer who's eyes were wide.

"N-no it isn't what you think. We just got some coffee before work!" He defended himself. His friends tried to keep in their laughs as they teased him.

"I don't like her, she disgusts me." He told them, sticking his chin slightly higher in the air.

"Yeah, I obsess and talk about people who disgust me all the time too." Morgan chided.

"I- I do not talk about her all the time." Reid scoffed, his leg bouncing unconsciously. 

"You kind of do though, and you not saying you don't obsess over her is more proof."

Reid stammered, unable to come up with a comprehensible reply.

"Do you think my blue dress would look nice at their wedding?" JJ teased, talking to Morgan.

"Okay now, will you two leave me alone?" Reid said, shoving Morgan and JJ out of his space. He brought his hands up to his cheeks and could feel how warm they were.

~~~

10 more parts to go! Any guesses about the Raven?

Please vote and comment! I love to see what y'all come up with!