ten

"Dahv, do you ever wonder what life would be like if Essie was still here?" I ask, laying beside him in bed

He glances at me, sighing, "Of course I do." 

"Do you think she'd love Ember as much as we do?" 

"I think she'd love her more than us, if it were possible," Dahvie chuckles 

"I can just imagine Essie and Ember cuddling on the couch, or Essie's baby voice as she plays with Ember." I sigh

"It makes me sad Ember is missing out on a mother," 

I can feel the tears prickle at my eyes, and I force them back, "I know the pain. Maybe if we had cancelled that meet-n-greet, things would be different. We'd have her here with us, probably laying in between us with Ember," 

Dahvie grabs a hold of my hand, "We can't blame ourselves. We had no idea something that tragic could happen. Everything was going so well, we don't know what could've broken it." 

"I just feel the worse for you and Amy. Amy just got her daughter back, and you found your sister. Now you've lost her," 

"Just because I was related doesn't make my pain any worse than yours. You had a different connection to her. She loved you with her entire being. You had a different emotion that you shared with her. You loved her so much. Your pain is just as horrid as ours. Nobody could ever imagine losing someone so close to us. But we did," Dahvie retorts, squeezing my hand, "And we have to be strong for Ember," 

A single tear falls from my eye, and I bite my lip, "I just wish she was alive and breathing. But she's laying in a wooden box...watching us," 

Dahvie sniffles, "She's in a better place. It's sick to say, but she might be happier up there than here," 

"I can only hope," 

(Ecstacy's POV)

"I need my family, Harry. I need them," I sob, staring at Jayy's tweet about Ember becoming a month old

Harry can only sigh, hugging me, "We're trying so hard," 

"It's not enough. Harry, I need to leave." I pipe up

"What?" He says, confused

"I need to go to their new house....and get my life back," I reply

"Don't you get it? It isn't your life anymore! No matter what, you aren't Ecstacy anymore! You're Jessie! The only way you can get your family back is if for some odd reason, they actually believe your story!" He screams, cheeks glowing red

I gape at him, glaring, "Oh please, you just want your sister back. Don't YOU get it? I'M NOT JESSIE!" I scream back

It's Harry's turn to gape, "Fuck you. Do whatever the hell you want. I don't give a shit anymore. I've tried so hard to fucking tell you that you need to accept your new life, but no!" 

I push him out of my--Jessie's--room, packing a suitcase full of her clothes, makeup, hair shit, and any other essitental. I grab my purse, throwing money, my chargers, phone, keys, and sunglasses in, before I'm walking downstairs and out the door, ignoring the boy's cries of dismay. 

"I'm comin' home baby," I murmur

I throw the suitcase in the backseat, turning the car on, driving away before Zayn can reach me. I stop at the stop-light, my phone going bezerk in my purse. I turn it off, ignoring the phone calls and texts from each boy.

Except Harry. 

My life awaits. 

-----

Five days later, and I'm standing outside Jayy and Dahvie's new home.

Here goes nothing, I think as I knock on the door. 

Deep breath.

The door unlocks.

Behind the door, reveals Jayy.

"Can I help you?" He asks

"Jayy, it's me," 

"Who?" He cocks an eyebrow

"It's Essie," I smile

He stares at me, before his eyes fill with anger.

"DO YOU THINK THIS IS SOME SICK JOKE?!"