"I'll never get over how huge this place is." He said in awe. "I can't imagine being here by myself all the time."

Draco raised a brow at him. "It's certainly not a walk in the park."

Ron shuffled his feet awkwardly and stepped aside so that Draco could open the door. "Ladies first." He motioned for Hermione to enter. She stopped in the middle of the entrance hall to take in their surroundings.

"It's beautiful." She said softly. They continued into the living room, where Draco curled up on a plush armchair while the others sat on the sofa.

"Now what?" He asked.

"We need to get out of here, tonight." Harry said firmly, his voice still raw with emotion. A fire blazed in his emerald eyes and Draco had never been so captivated by Harry as he was in that moment.

There was just one minor setback.

"Wonderful idea, but I'm sort of - well, stuck here." Draco lifted the hem of his trousers to reveal the monitor around his ankle. "I don't suppose you have the key with you?"

"Shit." Harry said with a frown, running his hands over his face and looking ready to accept defeat. "I don't think I can go back to -"

"You're in luck!" Ron said, grinning. "I just so happened to snag this on my way over." He held up a tiny silver key.

"Brilliant, Ron!" Hermione exclaimed and kissed him on the cheek, causing Ron to flush a brilliant shade of red. Harry took the key, crouched in front of Draco, and removed the monitor.

"I normally bring it, you know, for when we go to the store." Harry said, splotches of pink creeping up his neck. "I forgot it, with the chaos of everything."

"Good thing Ron was thinking ahead." Draco teased. He felt slightly overwhelmed - on top of the fucking devastation that was overtaking their lives, he wasn't used to being surrounded by so many people who seemed to genuinely care for him. Harry playfully ruffled his hair and sat on the floor in front of him. Draco ran his fingers through Harry's dark curls and turned his attention to the couple across from him. "So, any ideas?..."

"Actually, yes." Ron placed his elbows on his knees and leaned forward. His expression was that of a football coach laying out the game plan to the players. "My brother has this cottage in Nova Scotia. We should be able to stay there for a while until we figure out how to take down Riddle."

"That's a great idea, Ron, really... but how are we supposed to get there? Draco can't exactly just hop on a flight to Canada." Harry explained. Understanding dawned on Ron's face and he sunk back into the cushions.

However, Draco knew a thing or two about crossing borders unnoticed.

"I know a guy." He said quickly. "We could get passports."

"That seems pretty, um, illegal." Harry said tentatively.

Fucking Harry, always such a saint.

Well, there goes Draco's bright idea.

"Harry, that is literally the least of our concerns right now." Hermione said sternly. "How do we get them?" She turned to Draco, encouraging him to elaborate. Hermione was officially Draco's new favourite person.

"I'll need a phone." He told her. She wordlessly handed hers to him. He checked to make sure the caller I.D was off, and dialled a number he knew by heart. After three rings, his call was answered.

"Hello?" A smooth, aristocratic voice said curiously.

"Blaise. It's Draco."

"Draco! What the fuck! Aren't you in fucking prison?" Blaise exclaimed. "What's going on?" He asked suspiciously. Draco sighed heavily. He did not have time for this conversation.