Finding a Way Back

Nazli PoV

I woke up early in the morning and made my way to the Olive garden. It was already busy when I reached and I too joined the team. I was feeling better already , when suddenly I met the same lady who was my co-passenger in the bus. Her name I recalled was Dhudu. She seemed extremely pleased to see me. " Girl, its so good to see you here. Did you reconcile with your lover?" She asked me excitedly. "Aunt Dhudu! Good to see you too. I have come here alone to enjoy this harvest season. And I don't have a lover". I replied a little bit annoyed at her inquisitiveness. "Don't worry , I am sure  it will all workout". She said and thankfully left me alone with my work.

The work consisted of plucking the olive fruits and dumping them all in the huge nets which were placed underneath each tree. Then from these nets removing the majority of the branches and leaves and putting the olives in small containers. Once the containers were full , those were carried to the vans which took them to various locations. I was engrossed in my work when aunt Dhudu came to chat with me again. " I see that you are quite hardworking dear Nazli. I didn't expect people from the cities can do that much work". She said smiling at me . "Thanks aunt. I like working." I replied returning her smile. " So , you are upset with your husband and have come here. When will he come?" She probed again . "Please Aunt , I have come here to have some lone time and not to think about him. Why do you keep reminding me about him? Moreover, he wont come as I didn't tell him where I would be". I stated and continued with my tasks. " Oh really dear! Then who is that handsome guy coming this way?" She said and I am shocked to see Ferit striding towards us.

Ferit PoV

It was quite a long drive and finally I arrived at Izmir. I went directly to the center of this town and asked about the olive gardens nearby. The man in the gas station told me that there are two big gardens and quite a few smaller ones and most of them in the outer edges of the town. I decided to go to the bigger ones first and then proceed to the smaller ones. 

I reached the first garden within 10 mins and after parking the car, I went inside the area where I could see a bunch of people working. I looked around , but unfortunately couldn't see my wife. One old man came forward and asked me if I needed something. I said I was looking for my wife who was angry with me and was supposed to be in one of the gardens. He laughed at me and shook his head. He then said "I met this beautiful girl in the bus when I was coming here in the morning. She didn't look like she was from our town. I think you are looking for her." I smiled back and said " The description matches. Do you know where she went?". " There is an extension to this garden. If you go straight down the road within a minute or two you will find it on your right". He said and added "Hope you are able to win back your wife. All the best". I thanked him and quickly went back to my car.

It was not difficult to spot the most beautiful woman. She was all engrossed in picking up olives from the ground and did not notice me at all. As I closed in , the woman working near her saw me and said something to her and she looked up. The moment she saw me, she stood up completely bewildered at my presence. I smiled at her shocked face and said " So here you are. Finally found out". 

" How did you find me ?" She asked without returning my smile. 

"I have my resources , you can't run away from me , you know that. Now if you care to explain what is all this". I asked her. 

"I already explained in my notes. I just needed some lone time and nothing else." She retorted.

"Come on Nazli, you know what I mean. Lets go back and then you tell me what is going on in your head". I tried to convince.

"I am in no mood to talk. You can go back , I can take care of myself. I will come back in a day". She said unmoved.

I realized, that way I would not be able to get her to talk. She seemed convinced about it. An idea struck and I said " If you stay , I will also stay. Let me also help in the harvest". I then took a box of olives and started putting them away. Nazli didn't say anything but I could see a faint smile and I knew that this plan was going to work.