Task Failed Successfully

Start from the beginning

"Laugh all you want,"

And so another familiar voice boomed in her ears. "But you're forgetting two things."

"Oh and those are?"

She watched as the Shane came face to face with his captor.

"The two of us you didn't manage to capture. And I bet they're on their way to rescue us right now."

"Well let them take their time. Since you're not going out of here anytime soon."

"And how are you so sure about that-"

"Well well, look what we have here."

Sudden jolts went up her spine hearing his daunting voice.

"Dr Blakk!"

Saturday and the rest drew thier attention towards the large screen hunged on the wall. Blakk's visage showing on its display.

"Right on time. Look what I got you!"

The way they spoke to eachother, as if he gifted such a wonderful surprise. Humans held in a cage.

Making her wonder, is this what the world had come to?

"I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't seeing it with my own eyes." Amusement stirred in his voice. "The Shane gang, trapped in a cage like a pack of stray dogs. Now this is a sight to behold."

He let out a vibrant chuckle. "I'll be there before night fall to collect them. And no mind controling foolishness of yours. I want them fully aware as they count down the minutes of my arrival." His malicious grin grew with each word that left past his lips.

Her body couldn't help but frisson upon his words. The words that weren't directed towards her. But it still reminded her of the things he was capable of.

No mercy was felt in his voice. Only a thrill disguised as bone chilling tone.

His eyes had yet to wander upon her. And when they did she tried her best to figure of the emotions behind his blazing emerald eyes.

The ones which she had always shuddered under. The ones that leave her to speak her mind but not a word utters out. The ones that dare her to disobey them, so she could learn from the consequences.

A relentless effort to discipline her. But the only one she has ever known.

So her mind found no flaw in it. Yet her heart disagreed with her judgement.

Not a word had escaped from his mouth until then and he tore his gaze away from her to talk to Saturday once more.

And she didn't know what to feel about it. Relieved or yearned.

"Great, now what?"

The hushed whispers had her ears heeded up.

"I'm sorry guys this is all my fault. If I hadn't used that fusion shot-"

"Shhh, she's listening."

Lena eyed them, all of them, gathered around as a group.

"Don't worry Trixie, its not like she can make this any worse for us." Eli's eyes darted towards her. Rancour evident on his features.

And for some reason she couldn't hold more eyes contact, tearing her gaze away from his face to take note, of anything else atall.

Her heart beated in a different rythem, anxious, she felt for an unknown reason.

"Oh no I bet she's enjoying herself." Trixie's words were spated towards her. And instantly Lena wanted to deny them, say something that would ease them of thinking about her in such way.