Chapter 39: Seeing Over Mountains

Christi’s POV

Like me I knew Sammi was sober as could be, Jinxx would be too by now if he’s still at Sammi’s. I drove over there and knocked on her door.

“Hey Christi what’s wrong?”

“I left CC.”

“Oh, come in.”

I went in and set on her couch and explained what happened.

“So I packed up and left the place. I did leave a note and my ring. I tried and let him in and trusted him and he’s calling me another woman’s name. In my book that reeks of him cheating. It hurts Sammi. I got no where to go and no one who cares that much besides you guys and CC but CC is bye bye now. I miss him but I won’t let him just walk all over me like others have.”

“Well I must say I do respect your self respect in the fact that you have let yourself choose a path that shows women can be strong. However, I don’t really think CC cheated on you and I think your blowing it way out of proportion before you even talk to him. I think you should have talked to him first and then took action, but on the other hand if it hurt you that bad staying away for a night isn’t a bad idea either.”

“Well I’m glad you can see my view.”

“It’s a gift I guess. You can stay here tonight.”

“You think me leaving will scare him straight?”
“I don’t know, none of us ever seen him so crazy over a woman before, not until you came into his world, every time anyone does or says anything to him all he ever does is talk or do things for you even when your not around Christi.”

“Well thanks for telling me that Sammi, I’ll try not to wake you up with my crying.”

And with that Sammi gave me Kleenex, a pillow, and a blanket and let me sleep on her couch that night.