Chapter 4

"What is wrong with you? I almost had a heart attack"

"No time for saying sorry. We, are going to meet the rest of the avengers kids. I, am, sooo, god damn excited for this. Oh, and between, what's that behind your back?" she asked, turning around to the fridge.

"N-nnothing. Just some papers." she quickly made up something

"Really? where did you get those from? Because you certainly didn't have them when we first came in here so you must've taken them from somewhere in this house" he was facing her back, while she tried not to laugh, still looking through the fridge like she was searching something.

"I- They're just some of Mark's papers. Nothing important. He came here a bit earlier and said I should have a look" he sounded credible. For anyone who wouldn't know him, of course.

"Let me see?" she closed the fridge, taking out the orange juice and pouring some in a glass.

"They're, not for you"

"For God's sake, I know you're hiding the milk carton. I am not that stupid, am I?" she started laughing, while he looked so embarrassed.

"Sorry, You weren't supposed to see it. You just came too fast!" he said frustrated.
"But, what were you saying?"

"Oh yeah. Austin? This is the best day ever. We are going to meet the rest of the avengers kids. I am speechless" she yelled.

"That's cool" he said, and walked to the fridge to put the milk carton back.

"Wait, did you know about this?"

"Of course I did. Dad has been planning it for a while, just as I knew I was going to see you a few days ago."

"You son of a-"

"LANGUAGE!!!" captain yelled from across the hall

"Oh, hi Steve" she said a bit embarrassed.

"y/n" he gave her a high-five.

"So are you guys ready for tonight?" he headed to the fridge and took the milk carton 

"Don't you dare do the same your unmannered son did" she yelled, warning Steve.

"I can't believe you just called me 'unmannered'" Austin pretended to be offended, placing his hand on his chest.

"Kids, enough" Steve laughed "She's a bit right but let's leave it like that. So, now let's talk about tonight. Do you have any idea where we're going?"

"This guy right here might know, but he decided to keep it a secret" she gave him a look.

"Wait wait, I said I knew about this, but it doesn't mean that I know everything. So stop."

y/n sticked her tongue out to Austin, and then turned back to Steve.

"Are you guys done?"

"I guess" she sighed.

"Okay then. Let's go in the living room so I can give you all the details"

They all took the elevator to the living room, where Tony was watching TV in what looked like a really expensive dress suit.

"Dad? What are you wearing, and what are you doing?" y/n laughed while taking in the image in front of her.

"Oh, your mother thought it would be a great idea to give me this suit for tonight, instead of my jeans and a really cool T-shirt that said "I am Iron Man". It was actually really cool, made by a fan."

No one said anything, and they all took a seat on the sofa.

"So?" Austin asked

"A car will pick you two up at around 5:30 pm, so you'll have to be ready in like, 1 hour from now. Since you saw Tony, I guess you already know it's going to be a pretty fancy place. So dress a bit fancier than jeans and t-shirt, and don't take this sarcastic's man model in life." they laughed and while Tony wasn't paying attention, he whispered to the two "I'm begging you" and then stood up to
leave the room.

Austin and y/n started heading to the elevator too, while chatting about what they should wear, and if they should go with matching colours, but ended up deciding that would be too cringe. Then each went to their room to start getting ready.

Y/n took a shower, and then took some time to shave her legs and arms. The dress she chose for tonight was a pretty Baby Blue, and some sparkle, with beautiful big sleeves, and ankle long. After she got dressed, she started doing her makeup, just some concealer to hide those hours she didn't sleep lately, mascara and some eyeshadow. Her hair was curly, a beautiful almond brown, so nothing was done to it, leaving it natural. She put her high heel sandals on, a beautiful dark purple-blue, covered in sparkle.

Meanwhile, Austin took a shower too, brushed his teeth and dried off his blonde, fluffy hair. Then, took a plain white shirt, matching it with some dark blue dress pants and some light brown suit shoes. He decided to leave his coat home, since it was just August, and it was pretty hot outside in the evening.

Of course he was ready first, waiting for y/n down in the hall at 5:15 pm. After almost 10 min, the elevator doors opened and y/n stepped out of it, in all her confidence and greatness, making Austin's jaw drop.

"Well sir, you're very handsome tonight" she said, lightly poking his chest.

"Thank you miss. So are you. Shall we?" and he opened the door for her. When they stepped outside, they started laughing, while waiting for the car.

After a few minutes during which they couldn't stop laughing at the scene they made, y/n became serious and looked Austin straight in the eyes.

"Tell me you're not unarmed" she was looking deep into his eyes.

"Of course I'm not. We're living in a weird world, and I'm not leaving the house without at least one arm, which in this case is attached to my belt" he winked, but y/n didn't smile. She just turned around and looked at the front of the house.

"Looks like our drive's here" They both stepped inside the car.