Times Square

More weeks, more months, more pining. Average college things, staying up too late, laughing too hard, eating too much, painting on David's arm again, yada yada. The rest of Jack's group started to figure out about his crush. Crutchie hinted at it, Elmer picked up on it, and word travels quickly. Jack had gone home with Davey to celebrate the holidays. Davey's parents loved him and Jack sure as hell hoped he could stick around.

      Fast forward to New Years Eve. I know theres a few months we just skipped but I don't want to clog your brain with irrelevant information. Of course, most of the guys were over at Jack's for New Years and they had to invite Davey. Davey knew he would probably crash before midnight, thats just how he worked. Maybe the guys could keep him entertained long enough to make the home stretch.

      10 o'clock rolled around and Davey was exhausted. They were all huddled around the coffee table, Jack and Davey pretty much cuddling on the couch, playing a game of Sorry to keep themselves occupied. Davey was texting Sarah, not paying attention to the rather heated game.

      "Who ya talkin' to?" Mush snatched his phone.

      Davey jumped at him "Sarah now give it back."

      Mush held it out of reach "Oooo Sarah!" He knew that Davey told Sarah everything, "About what?"

      Davey jumped across Jacks lap to try and reach the phone "Nunya. Now give."

      Mush definitely knew what he was doing, he gave the phone back after Jack gave him a death glare. Davey fell back down, still sprawled out across Jack's lap and finished his text to Sarah. It was obvious at this point he had no interest in Jack, either that or he was very good at covering it.

      "I need a Monster. You guys want anything while I'm out?" Race stood up, addressing the group.

      "Be back before 11, don't die." Spot told him.

      Race rolled his eyes. "I'll be fine."

      Race came back right at 11. "Stopped by the shop to get you a coffee. You looked tired." He handed a black coffee to David.

      "Thanks. I am. I've been up since 5." He yawned a little, sitting up to drink his coffee.

      Blink shook Davey's shoulders "One hour man you can do it. One hour."

      Davey laughed a little, rubbing his eyes "I'll pull through."

      You could hear the massive crowd in Times Square a few blocks away. The excited buzz through the air was contagious even to those miles and miles away. None of the people cramped into the small dorm were ones to like huge crowds. So naturally they didn't go out and never planned on it. Every New Year since anyone can remember they've just stayed at home. And its always ended well so thats just what they kept doing.

      11:55 and Davey was starting to doze. "DAVID! FIVE MINUTES!" Blink screamed in his ear.

      Davey swatted him away "I know I know."

Five!
Jack started to get nervous and it showed.
Four!
"Jackie are you alright?" Davey could tell that there was something off, but he couldn't place what.
Three!
"Yeah I'm fine! Don't worry about me." He gave him a reassuring smile.
Two!
"Are you sure? Because you don't seem ok. If somethings bothering you you can tell me-"
One!

      No book had ever taught Davey what to do now, it wasn't what he expected. It was far different from any fairytale or romance novel and it was like nothing Davey had ever felt. No book could have ever helped him with the topic of kissing Jack Kelly.

A/N You're welcome :)