71. Hero - Law of attraction

Comincia dall'inizio

A few minutes later, he places the four glasses in front of us. Jo gazes sideways with her nose, crinkled, "Go on," I laugh.

"Bottums up!" Inanna lifts her glass before pouring it down. Shane, Jo, and I follow. I gulp the firing drink down, and as I watch Jo, I almost choke on the shot, making the burn three times as intense.

"Grose," Jo grimaces a dirty face as she puts the glass back on the bar, "One more?" I turn my head to see a smirking bartender. Grinning at my girlfriend. I watch him checking her out, her cleavage to be exact.

"Sure," she answers playfully. Her lashes flutter, and her mouth curves up into a smile to where her perfect white teeth show. She is flirting with the fucking bartender.

I watch the bartender pour two shots. Two shots. Only for him and Jo.

If I get involved now, I look like a pathetic jealous boyfriend. And he is not in the wrong here since no soul knows that we are, in fact, together. Or trying to be together.

The bartender taps his glass against Jo's, they toast and gulp down the fiery drink, her face cringes as the liquid streams down her throat. I begin to laugh. She looks so damn cute. Trying to toughen up but failing miserably.

"I don't get why people drink this for fun," she starts to giggle, and the bartender asks if she would like something else to drink.

"I would," Inanna speaks up, annoyed because he pays no attention to her. Not now, he got his eye on Jo. Bloody perfect.

"Me too," I force a smile to the bartender in the hope he gets the silent message, but he doesn't. His eyes return to Jo.

"Maybe we can have a drink later? Like together?" he dares to ask. I look between the nervous guy and Jo. He might be as anxious as I am. Technically we aren't together, but we agreed on taking it slow. That means we are together, sort of.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Inanna and Shane following the silent interaction between Jo, the bartender, and me. What if she says yes? My heartbeat jumps from high to pounding.

Finally, Jo turns her head towards me. Her eyes widen, and her brows turned up. That's all I need.

"I don't think her boyfriend would appreciate that," I answer for her. Jo's eyebrows return to normal height, and a smile rises on her beautiful face.

"I would like to pay," I hear Shane say, much to the dismay of Inanna.

I take Jo's hand and guide her off the chair, "Sorry man, I had no idea," the bartender apologizes as he side-eyed our hands. I tell him not to worry and continue our walk towards the elevator.

"Or do you want to have a drink with him?" I put up an evil smirk. I know she doesn't want to.

The little v reappears between her brows, "Oh my god, no," she gasps in horror, and a big smile emerges on my face.

"Good," I laugh.

"I didn't know what to answer him. I'm sorry," her eyes bore into mine as we stand waiting for the elevator to arrive. The innocence she holds amazes me. She has no idea what she does to a man. She has no clue.

"I know," I assure her and bury my face in her neck as she wraps her arms tight around my body.

"So much for staying on the down low," Inanna snickers.

"Thats why we are going up. There where no intruders are," I chuckle.

The elevator doors open, and as we walk in, Jo puts her hand around my waist. Making sure I'm the one who's coming up with her. Not that stupid bartender.

We say bye to Inanna and enter Jo's room, which was also my room, but then it wasn't, but now I, as I foretold, spend most of my time here.

"Do you want to talk about it? About the hassle with Anna?" she was very clear about not being done with the conversation back at the bar.

I close the door and turn around where I expect Jo to be, but I don't see her, "So? Talking?" I ask again while kicking off my sneakers. I sure as hell don't want to talk, but I don't want there to be anything else hovering over our heads.

Where is she? I look up and find Jo stripping down, "No," she simply answers.

"No?" I smirk, get up and walk towards my now not so innocent girl.

Her hands travel up my chest, grabbing the back of my neck, "Or do you want to talk?" she teases as her lips land on mine, pushing her tongue in and wrapping her small fingers into the roots of my hair.

"Fuck no," I groan against her lips. Fuck no, I don't want to talk. With one leg between hers, I lead her towards the bed. Her hands move across my chest, and her eyes illuminate. "I've missed you," even though we're always together. It's different. It has been different not being close to her.

"Me too, baby," I breathe and press my body against hers, my lips claiming hers, and I pull her down to the bed with me.

------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to like it if you liked this chapter. The story continues in a couple of days. Stay tuned! ❤️