Anemones

Small notes before starting:

- this story is set in 2011, when the Great Tohoku Earthquake(311 Earthquake) took place, and Sendai, Yuzuru's hometown, was one of the severely damaged places.

- Anemones symbolises fragility.

---

11 March 2011.

Miyagi, Sendai.

"Hey Yuzuru!" A cheerful voice rang on the ice.

"Yuhare! You sure are early!" Yuzuru replied with a huge smile on his face.

"Well, it's school holidays! Plus I wanna land my triple flip before my birthday!"

"Do you think we can still be in the same class?"

"Of course we can! It's been 12 years already!"

Yuzuru and Yuhare have been close friends since kindergarten, since they got into same classes every year, and both their last names share one same kanji.

The two of them both skate, and that's how the befriended each other at the rink.

They got into the same elementary school, same middle school and high school, and they've been in same classes every single year.

They're now the rising stars in Japan's skating community, being named "The Determined Duo of Sendai".

Both of them were aiming for the Sochi Olympics, which is going to take place when they're 19.

Yuhare quickly made a few jumps on ice while Yuzuru was busy tying up the laces of his skates and fix Pooh-san at a comfortable position.

Triple salchow. Landed. Triple toe. Landed. Double axel. Landed.

"You're doing well today, huh?"

Yuzuru tried a triple axel and landed it successfully.

"I wish I could land this triple axel..."

"You've just debuted in seniors, take your time okay?"

"Fine, fussy bee." Yuhare skated away and ran through some step sequences.

Yuzuru tried on his quads. Quad toe. Nice. Quad salchow. Also landed, but needed a step-out.

"Have you picked your new program music?"

"I've chosen my short program."

"Which one's that?"

"Étude in D-sharp minor, Op. 8, No. 12. I think you've played it before?"

"Ya, I know this one. It's nice!"

"How about yours?"

"Joggling between Bach and Chopin. Bach's Fantasia in C minor, BWV 906, and Chopin's Ballade No. 1."

"You really like piano music, huh?"

"If I hadn't been skating, I might have become a pianist already."

Yuhare had been learning the piano since 3, but only kept it as a hobby so she can focus on her skating career.

"Sounds like nice debut material."

"I can't wait to compete in seniors!"

The two of them didn't speak any further as Yuzuru proceeded to try his new step sequence.

-----

Yuzuru's PoV

Coach Nanami made me another hell step sequence again.