8."I'll Come Home to You,No Matter What We Do."

Start from the beginning

The base was split into two,the majority of the right section had been destroyed and exposed.Instead,it was replaced with—what seemed to look like—a raised platform,but a chunk of it had been crumpled.They guessed the kids had tried to buy time for themselves.

But when they landed on the ground,Schlatt sees it.

A familiar brunette boy in jumpers,cornered by skeletons with loaded bows.The teen looked small and bruised,leaning heavily against his right leg.Blood and grime was smeared on him,along with tears and sweat and rain that tricked down his face.

But his expression only showed a single emotion.A single indicator of what he felt during that very moment.

Pain.

Tubbo was hurt...

He scowled,almost growled at the sight of his—when did it became his?—kid like this;hurt and afraid.And as the boney creature pulled back his bow,he took matter into his own hands.

He aimed his crossbow and fired.

The creature dies immediately,limping down and dispersing into nothing but dust and smoke.Tubbo and the other mobs looked at his direction.The brunette's once scared and cowering demeanour transitioned into a shocked and relived and hopeful one.

"Get your hands off...",he scowled,his instincts kicking in,"...my kid!"

Tears began to form in Tubbo's eyes,a couple already dripping down his chin;Or is that the rain water?He didn't care,he made it."Sc-Schlatt...?"

The ram-hybrid couldn't help but smile at him,relived and soft and assuring."Hey,Tubs...you're safe now...".

And he was.

Schlatt fired more at the other mobs,until he made a safe path for the boy to reach him,find the comfort he couldn't give him for months.And Tubbo did just that.

He ran,seemingly not caring about his injures,tears filling his eyes as he reaches for Schatt.The ram-hybrid,smiling widely that the kid was safe,lowered his guard down for only a millisecond when he spots another skeleton from behind the trees.

He calls out to him,a warning;"Tubbo look out!".

Poor boy,he was slow.Must've been the concussion.

He slowly turned his body and head;just in time as two arrows went flying.He almost didn't feel it,almost didn't even notice.It was only when he tried to breath did it sting.

Oh my God,that was worse than the concussion.

He stuttered,not realising the scream of his name from behind when he looks down to see two sticks pierced  into his chest and stomach,a feather attached at the end.He tries to breath but it burns,it felt like something was blocking his insides.Well...there was something blocking his insides.

Tubbo did not feel the wind rush past him,still processing the fact he has two arrows on his torso.Tubbo did not notice how the ground shook faintly.Tubbo did not realise he was falling back when an arm caught him.Tubbo did not realise he couldn't breath when a hand took his.