Background

'I really have no idea when I'm coming back, Pete.' Tin had been lying on his bed not long ago since he had got a call from Pete. It had been one day since he had been here and he had fairly established good relations with everyone even though how much his communication skills with people were bad. All thanks to his older brother. Can had had gone out in the farm along with grandmother to bring strawberries, she also had insisted for Tin to come but he politely declined. On the first day he had made a good relation with grandfather while playing chess, and the old man made a huge fuss when Tin had killed his Queen. But they were on good terms again during dinner. The grandfather had wanted to give Tin a tour around their house, but his wife had declined saying that the latter might be very tired to walk and had need to get a good sleep. And thus all the night he had been sleeping cuddling with Can. Of course he was the small spoon with no knowledge of cuddling whatsoever. 'Did anyone noticed?'

'Yes, many students did. Ae, Can's friends, our classmates, the professors, especially the girls as you had never took a holiday since 2 years of school.'

'Everything makes sense except the last one.' Tin spoke to shut off that topic. He had always felt to vomit at such things, he gave no damn on what the girls of his school went over to the well to get themselves killed. As there would be a little peace in his life without them. Pete was informing Tin about the new upcoming assignments he had to submit. The latter groaned but hid it well. His homework had been complete, his assignments had been neatly done. But the professors of his school cared little about their students. He had no idea his absence would be a shock to people. Obviously, about whom will they discuss about? Tin later cocked his head to the side about the creaking sound of the door. Can had just hopped out of the bathroom taking his morning bath. His hair wet, his face very scarlet because of the hot water, his grey shirt a bit wet, while his pants were fully dry. A short length towel hung around his neck by which he was drying his head, Can had already noticed Tin checking him out and he loved that. The view was perfect. Totally.

It had been a couple of minutes already Tin had finished his chat with Pete and the other latter whos hair was wet with water laid beside him. 'Go and take a shower, today I want to show you the farm! Hurry up!' Can pushed Tin out of the bed but he was used to it. Tackling Can almost everyday to get out of the bed from his kicks was Tin's daily routine. 'Cantaloupe give me a minute..' For what? Can was puzzled. Tin pinched Can's cheek sneakily and went in the bathroom. Can made a bit sour face as he saw Tin going away. He got up to pick the comic book kept on his desk. He flipped the pages and began reading.

Tin had always hated bath tubs. He always had a difficulty to have a bath in them. The first time he was ever introduced to a bath tub was when he was 6. And he reckoned that only thing with bath tubs are that you sit inside them as hot water pours in. But he had noticed that the bathroom was very well maintained, just like his, clean. The tiles were marble and shiny, the water on it made it look very slippery with two wooden racks at the corner. One having body soaps, hair shampoo, beauty products while the other was having towels, all sorts. Small and long of different colors, different for face and body. Tin had acknowledged the tub at the very last corner which was enough to fit 2 people in together, with a shower head hung above it. The hot water was pouring in already, more than half the bath tub was full. But Tin didn't wanted to waste it so he got in, making sure to take a shower next time. It was the time for him to relax and forget about everything.

_____________________

'You can't do that! That's barbaric!' Yang Xi, the 16 year old, who escorted Tin around the house, yelled in disbelief as Li Yu scored a point out of the law in carrom. She had came to Thailand for her summer vacations from China. Unlike her ethnicity, her Thai might pass for a native person. She was born and raised in this village over 100 miles away from Chaing Mai. Being the only child of her parents, she was sent for her studies in China when she was twelve, her parents had enough to afford her departure and start a new life after they left Bangkok due to the factory which they worked in went bankrupt. They established a fruit farm in which Yang Xi would sneakily eat without letting anyone know. She spent most of her time at The Kirakorn's, with Li Yu and the Grandfather. Li Yu always helped her with her weakest subjects, math and physics. While she played Chess the whole day with Grandfather. She had fairly good relations with everyone in the village, everyone knew her as the short haired girl and for her tomboyish style. Back in her school, she had been asked out by guys many a times, but she declined to date as she wanted to focus on her studies.