Episode 33 - New Troubles in Echigo

Start from the beginning

As they walk down the street, some Kurokages and citizens are still cutting and burning down vines around shops and houses. Currently, there are less vines around the area than before.

So far, the two haven't found any clues in telling where Yuuta is.

Kanami: It is almost afternoon, and Yuuta is still nowhere to be seen.

Setsuna: Why are you so worried for him today, sister?

Kanami: Oh, well... Because of what happened between you two yesterday, I wanted to see if he's getting better.

Setsuna: ...I see.

Kanami: ...How about you? Are you still injured?

Setsuna: No need to worry, my wounds are healing faster than I thought. Although, I was responsible since I underestimated Yuuta.

Kanami: You should rest then. It's not good for you to push yourself.

Setsuna: Heh, very well. ...You know, this is a first in a long while you and I had a regular conversation.

Kanami: Ah, is that so?

Setsuna: Kanami, I... I sincerely apologize, for leaving you. I only wanted to protect you. Since we are both children of our father, disastrous things will happen to us in the near future. I left in order to achieve the power to rid of those who chase us. To protect you, and our family.

Kanami: ...How is he? Father, I mean?

Setsuna: ...He is well. Tadakatsu is currently looking after him while they are in hiding.

Kanami: I suppose that is good news.

Setsuna: Again, I apologize. I know nothing I do can ever make up for my past mistakes. I cannot even imagine your pain of being alone.

Kanami: ...I will be honest. It was really painful while you were away. Thoughts of being abandoned, betrayed, forgotten, has kept in my mind. For a period of time, my world was filled with darkness, because no one was there by my side. However, not everything was bad, I met Sakura and the kind people here in Kai, treating me as part of a family. And... there is one more person, who showed me the light.

Setsuna: Yuuta?

Kanami: Yes! Yuuta has saved me countless times when I was in danger. Out of everyone, he was always there for me. He comforted me in my personal issues, and even though he found out the truth, he never hesitated to rescue me. He... gave me meaning to my life. *chuckles*So you see, that's why I am concerned for Yuuta's safety. After all, I worry for him.

Setsuna: *chuckles*

Kanami: What?

Setsuna: Oh nothing, it's just that it seems you have affections for him from the way your are speaking so highly about him.

After hearing this, Kanami suddenly started to blush bright red.

Kanami: Eh!? N-No, that's not what I meant! I... I am only stating Yuuta is an important person to me, that is all! Ah...! I-I mean...

Trying to find another reason to explain, Setsuna responded by chuckling a bit more.

Kanami: Geez, brother... *sigh**thoughts*How embarrassing to reveal my feelings in front of him. But... I suppose Yuuta is right. I am starting to see the Setsuna I knew is still there.

Setsuna: What's wrong?

Kanami: *shakes head*It's nothing. Oh that's right, I haven't told you yet, but I made a promise with Yuuta.

Setsuna: A promise?

Kanami: Yes, that the three of us would go see the cherry blossoms together.