Chapter 2

"Brother?" Elizabeth whispers in disbelief. "Why am I only finding out about this now, Zeldris?"

"I-I-I'm sorry, El! It's just - my brother isn't exactly something I want to bring up in a conversation! He's not exactly the best either!"

"Aw brother," Meliodas says, "your words hurt!"

Elizabeth sighs, sort of understanding why Zeldris wouldn't want to talk about his sibling. "He can't be that bad, Zel," she softly says. Zeldris looks at her like she's damn well out of her head.

"Mm, yeah?" He hums, jabbing a finger in Meliodas' direction. "Try living with him all your life! Hell, he made fun of me because I take dance class with you!"

Elizabeth giggles at Zeldris' accusations. "It's not that bad, Zel. My older sisters made fun of me when I started playing volleyball."

"Well, yeah, but you're good at it. I'm terrible at dancing," Zeldris retorts, making Elizabeth pout.

"You're not bad at it, Zeldris. We wouldn't be dance partners after all," the silverette smiles brightly at her best friend. After a moment, he smiles back, his emerald green hues closing as he faces Elizabeth.

It was now lunch time, and Zeldris and Elizabeth walk hand in hand to the cafeteria. On the way there, they hear multiple whispers, their names caught up in the mix.

"Do you think Elizabeth and Zeldris are dating?"

"They're holding hands! There's no way they're not dating."

"A Liones and a Walker? I mean, it makes sense. The heirs of the most powerful companies to exist."

"I heard his older brother attends this school now. I wonder how many girls are gonna lose their shit over him?"

Elizabeth sighs, not letting their comments get to her. The comments of them dating weren't rare; Zeldris and Elizabeth were almost always together. But they wouldn't date - that wouldn't feel right, not to Elizabeth at least. Zeldris means a lot to her, don't get her wrong, but it would feel weird if they were to become boyfriend and girlfriend.

Heck, Elizabeth hasn't even had her first kiss, let alone first boyfriend.

Once they reach the cafeteria, they sit down at a table and wait for the teachers to get their lunch so the student could go get their own food.

Elizabeth and Zeldris talk about their next classes until a small group of five come up to their table. The silver haired teenager looks up, her eyes locking with a familiar emerald gaze.

"Heya, Elizabeth!" Meliodas greets. "Can we sit here?"

"No-" Zeldris says, but Elizabeth cuts him off as she pinches his arm.

"Yes, of course," she smiles. Zeldris winces in pain as Elizabeth lets go of him. Diane sits next to Elizabeth, while the others sit opposite of them.

"Hey, Elizabeth?" Diane calls for the silverette, a smile plastered onto her face as Elizabeth turns to the brunette. Elizabeth takes a moment to look into Diane's amethyst orbs, the cool color of her eyes distracting Elizabeth for a quick moment.

Elizabeth smiles nonetheless, "Yes Diane?"

"You're so pretty! And how is your hair so light?"

Elizabeth blushes at the compliment. "You're pretty too, Diane. And I think it's just genetics really. I wouldn't be able to go into detail since my mother passed away when I was a few months old and I have no idea what she looked like, but it could also have something to do with all the sun I was exposed to when I was younger," Elizabeth softly explains. She watches as Diane's lips part, her purple eyes gaping at her.

Diane pulls Elizabeth into a hug that the silverette returns. "I'm so sorry, Elizabeth! That must be hard to talk about."

"Oh, no it's not, really!" Elizabeth insists, releasing the sudden embrace. "You were just curious! I can't blame you for being curious!"

The brunette smiles sincerely at the silverette. "Okay, well only if you're sure!"

Elizabeth grins as she places her hands on her lap and looks down at her fingers clutching the tops of her thigh-high socks. Her smile fades.

She doesn't know much about her mother. It's true what she said to Diane; Elizabeth's mother died when she was really young. Her older sisters told her stories about their mother. Apparently, she was really pretty and courageous.

It's just a shame her mother passed away before she could even remember...

"Ellie?" A hand is placed on her shoulder. Elizabeth looks back, only to lock eyes with a certain blonde. "Are you alright?"

The silver haired teenager smiles despite her sad thoughts. "Yes, I'm fine."

Meliodas grins back. "Okay, well we're free to get lunch if you're hungry," he tells her, removing his hand from her shoulder.

After lunch, Zeldris and Elizabeth walk to their dance class. Dance class was probably one of her favorite classes, as well as one of her favorite pass times. Besides playing volleyball and drawing, dance was something Elizabeth was always passionate about.

They walk into class, and the teacher tells them to change into their clothes for dance. For girls, it's black leggings and a simple white shirt, and for boys it's white pants and a black shirt.

Once they finish changing and leave the locker rooms, they go back to class, the room filled with soft music.

"Alright, students," the teacher calls out and everyone stays still in their spots. "Today, we're gonna learn how to do the waltz!"

Elizabeth almost laughs at how excited the teacher sounds right now.

"Go pair up with your respected partner and I'll begin the lesson shortly."

Soon, everyone starts moving around, finding their partner. While Elizabeth is turned around looking for her best friend, a pair of arms wrap around her waist. She gasps before smiling wide and places her hands on the person's arms.

"Zel, you know I hate it when you do this."

Zeldris chuckles before letting her go and turning her around. "That's a lie and you know it. You love it when I do this."

The silver haired girl laughs.

"Don't let it get to your head."

---
A/N:
Hi! :)
Quick question: should I add lemon/smut? It'll be later in the story, obviously but I'm not sure of I should add any sex scenes later