Basketball

Modern au they both play for the middle school boys Basketball team.

Ages: 13 and 14

~(start)~

They were halfway through the first period of their first game, they were up 22 to 12. The opposing team had the ball and ray was standing back near the rim when the ball was passed back inbound. The player point guard made their way down the court and the players all began to pass the ball back and forth trying to get an opening for a shot.

After a little bit more of passing they finally shot the ball ray jumped out to get the rebound but failed and they just got sucked back into more passing. Now their defense was all around the court slowly making its way to a man on man. Ray was still down low making sure If shot he'd have a clear rebound.

They started making lazy passes. That's when Ray ran up and stole the ball from the lazy pass. He started running but it didn't feel right he wasn't going anywhere, a few what seemed like seconds had passed and the ball was out of his hands 'what?' He asked himself. this wasn't right he was on a fast break right.

That's when the pain hit him, he felt his left shoulder shift around his back. Trying to maintain balance while also trying to figure out what was going on. It was like time had just stopped and was playing in slow motion but still going fast and sudden.

Ray had finally fallen to the ground he couldn't hear anything but ringing at this point his eyes were snapped shut due to the fast growing pain. He opened his eyes now tearing up and looked around the court he saw his team going up for a basket was it not apparent he was on the fucking ground not able to get up.

Ray heard a loud whistle and the court players turned to him wide eyes once they had really seen what was going on. The pain had finally stopped and he felt his shoulder return to the place it was supposed to be. He was breathing heavily. He saw someone run up to him trying to say something but he couldn't hear them. He just looked aimlessly at them and the ground.

Someone touched his shoulder that had just been bent around his back he gasped and held his eyes shut, 'damn that really hurt' he thought to himself. Once he had opened his eyes he saw his coach infront of him talking with someone who seemed to be behind him. The ringing slowly started to stop and his thought finally started to come together. "Can you hear me, ray, ray are you alright." He heard the man beside him say he nodded.

"We're gonna need you to get up so we can assess your shoulder." Someone helped hoist Ray up from the ground and looped their arm around his waist to make sure he didn't lose balance. Ray finally became aware of the ground that had come to see the game, people whispering and talking and they all seemed to stare at him.

He still had tears coming down his face and the pain still there he was just trying to focus on other things. They had made it out the gym he could now tell the man that had talked to him earlier was their vice principal and his teammate Norman was the one who had helped him up and was now walking with him making sure he maintained balance.

Ray finally asked the question "what happened back there." The vice principal looked at him in a weird way like a 'how could you not know ' kind of way. "One of the other players number 22, he grabbed your arm and twisted it around your body" Norman said.

Ray finally put the pieces together, this was not good.

Once they had gotten to the infirmary the Medic was already in there and set up, once Ray had sat down the vice principal stepped out to call and inform his mother of what had happened. The medic grabbed his left arm and asked him if he could move it around for her. He did as told and moved it but felt slight pain while doing so.

Norman stuck by Ray's side making sure his friend was alright there was no way in hell he was gonna leave him after that happening.

The medic had asked him to lift his arm straight up and to the side. Ray did so "ah" he grabbed at his shoulder, the woman wrapped his arm with some athletes tape and told him he needed to get a further examination. He was allowed to go back into the gym but he shouldn't go back into the game.