III

His retirement with Techno was peaceful , somewhat at least .
He convinced Techno to let him grow a garden , where he inevitably planted potatoes between the flowers .
Which Techno didn't find as funny as he did .

Sometimes they would see polar bears walking around , and he would wave at them , which Techno found cute , but pointless .

The flowers from the garden ended up in their bedroom floor , which they rarely used , preferring to sleep in between the chests , where it was less cold at night .
The room was neatly decorated , but full of dust , asides from the infamous bell that sat atop a emerald block .

They spent their days quietly enjoying each other's company and sharing small kisses , and that was everything he ever wanted .

He had taking a liking to Carl , and Techno offered to teach him how to ride a horse .

During one of those lessons they where interrupted by a small bird , carrying a note , which belonged to Phil .
The man had left them to visit his youngest son and his , now apparently undead , middle child.

Get ready old friend-

He couldn't read anymore of the letter , a he was shoved inside the porch with Carl and Techno struggled to quickly write a letter back .
Soon after Tubbo , Fundy , Quackity and Ranboo showed up , carrying axes and covered in blood .

Tubbo's horns grew massively in length and they started bending backwards , like a goat's , he looked hesitant , but held his axe with pride.
Quackity's normally dumb and happy face now feel serious and angry , he glared at Techno .
Fundy looked crazed , the fur on his ears and the end of his tail showed signs of not being brushed for a while .
He had never seen Ranboo before , the boy was tall and lanky , like a enderman , and he sported a crown and looked outright uncomfortable , he wasn't holding a axe and was barely covered in blood .

Techno quickly shoved him inside the house , along side with Carl .
The horse made a noise of terror and he was lucky to avoid his back leg when he kicked in fear .

"It's alright boy , we'll be okay"

He winced when he heard fighting outside , screams and announcements of deaths flooded his mind .

He was confused , Techno didn't say anything about a army coming to kill him . Perhaps that's what Phil was trying to tell him about .

Tubbo's death message popped into his brain and he resisted the urge to cry . That poor boy , he heard from Phil he was forced to exile Tommy , his best friend .

He would've tried to help Techno , but he knew better than to risk his life when Techno could manage himself on a battle .
It also hurt too much , he wouldn't be able to actually fight them they where his friends after all .

Everyone was doing things , making decisions , he didn't understand .
Violence never solved any of their problems , they where all too greedy and proud to accept defeat and it only brought more violence . It was a endless loop .

The doors of the house opened suddenly , and he was grabbed by the arm by Quackity , as he forced Carl to walk out the door , the horse kicking the hair in a poor attempt at escaping .

"COME WITH US TECHNOBLADE OR THEY'RE GOING TO GET IT" the black hair man yelled , dragging his axe over Carl's neck , careful not to make any bruises , as he pinned his arms behind his back , the small man was a lot stronger than he remembered .

"Quackity?" He asked , horrified that his friend would be so okay with killing him .
The man's grip lightened a pinch , but didn't let go , his expression softening .

Techno was puzzled , of course he didn't want to loose his lover and hi pet , but he was going to b led to a execution , who would protect them when he was gone? .

After minutes of thinking and finally forming a plan , he gave up , raising his hands over his head "alright , just let them go" .

Quackity pulled the blade away from Carl's neck but didn't let go of his wrists .

"The horse can go , but he " Fundy spoke , his tone was just as out of character as his looks "he's going to accompany us for your execution "

The word execution sent shivers down his spine and he squirmed , trying to get out of Quackity's grasp to no avail .

"Techno! " He squeaked out , terrified for his lover .

The pink haired man lowered his head and dropped his weapons .

They where both escorted back to L'manberg , Tubbo glancing at them apologetically from time to time .

In L'manberg Philza stood inside his house , looking at the execution point with sad eyes , another of hi son's was going to dies , in front of him, because of him.

Techno was quickly shoved inside the bars , being forced to kneel , as Tubbo explained what was going to happen , his voice lacking any sentiment .

He was being closely watched by Fundy while the others made the anvil come down .
He closed his eyes , expecting the horrifying sound of flesh and bones breaking .
He quickly opened them back up when a strong wind like sound made it's into hid ears .

Techno was covered by a green mist as he climbed over the bars to free himself .

A totem of undying.

Techno was quick to push Fundy aside before taking his hand and bolting in the direction of his mountain cabin , where hopefully safety waited for them .

They ran all the way to the mountains before speaking again .

"I'm sorry " Technoblade was the one to break the silence "i draged you into this mess" he sounded sad , like a kicked puppy , but he wasn't mad at him , he was really confused as why his friends would do that .

"Did you knew about it?" His question was simple , dodge break their promise?.

"I found out from Phil just before it happened ".

The silence streched a bit longer before he spoke again .
His voice was almost covered by the crunching of the snow under his boots "it's alright love "

The seventh time it wasn't his fault .