Having her handkerchief in his bag is a comfort, it reminds him of her cheerfulness and determination. It's strange and he's sure that humans wouldn't understand.

He also has one of Izuku's bracelets with him. It's leather and has a green pendant hooked to it, and Izuku had been looking for it for days until Ochako finally asked Eijirou to tell him he had taken it – and Izuku had nodded, smiling gently, and didn't make Eijirou feel as if his dragon instincts were strange.

Katsuki, on the other hand... Eijirou has an inkling that Katsuki would call him stupid for wanting to keep their items, so he doesn't tell Katsuki.

Besides, Katsuki's items are the ones he cherishes the most. Katsuki is... different. He makes Eijirou's heart beat faster, makes Eijirou want to bury his face against his neck and breathe in his scent. Just the thought of being close to Katsuki makes Eijirou's entire spirit thrum.

Which is why he never told Katsuki that he's the one taking his items, because if Katsuki calls him a fool for it, Eijirou's soul would be crushed – and he doesn't feel like going through that.

There are a lot of things about humans that Eijirou's yet to understand.

For one thing, he doesn't understand the tension that Katsuki and Izuku share. If he remembers correctly, they've had bad blood between them since they were children. The bitterness is clearly mostly on Katsuki's side, but Eijirou can only guess that Izuku's likely also harbouring a certain resentment. Eijirou's seen Katsuki lose his temper for the smallest things and Izuku often lets it go unless it's taken too far.

At the moment, Eijirou can't tell if Katsuki's going too far. All he knows is that he should probably speak up... but...

"Tell me who took it, dipshit!" Katsuki flips Izuku off. He's seethes, entire body tense, and he's pacing back and forth in apparent frustration.

They're in an inn. Izuku's seated at one of the tables with Ochako beside him. Eijirou's sitting with them, too, and Katsuki can't see the way that Eijirou's twisting his fingers into the cloth of his pants, agitated.

"I told you, Kacchan," Izuku sighs, "I don't know who took your necklace."

"Bullshit!" Katsuki yells. The tavern's not crowded but people are starting to turn their attention to them, especially when Katsuki stomps over to the table and slams his hands down on it. Plates and mugs shake and Eijirou flinches at the noise.

Ochako frowns, eyeing Eijirou and nodding at him. It's a silent plea, one that asks him to speak up.

"I really don't!" Izuku insists. "I know it's important to you... wasn't it a gift from your father?"

Growling, Katsuki's temper flares even more and Eijirou can do nothing but shrink. "Who the fuck keeps taking my shit!?" He slams his hands down on the table again. This time, the plates fall to the floor in a loud clatter.

"Katsuki!" Ochako scolds.

Finally, Eijirou finds his voice. "Enough, Katsuki."

Strangely enough, Eijirou's words reach Katsuki. Katsuki narrows his eyes and scans the faces of those around him before a frown spreads over his features. He straightens up and sighs in exasperation before leaning down and grabbing the empty plates to toss it back to the table. He curses under his breath and ignores how they call his name, stomping out of the inn.

There's an awkward silence as Izuku scrubs his hands over his face. "Why would he think I would know who took it..."

"Eijirou." Ochako chuckles, sheepish. "That necklace is very important to him."