"Girl please I been five." Acacia said sassily.

Soraya rolled her eyes playfully as she stood to her feet, "i'm going to get some paper and painting equipment, alright?" Soraya stood to her feet to discuss making everybody paint with Kayson.

Soraya knocked on Kayson's door and opened it once hearing a soft 'come in' "Can we all do some painting?" Soraya asked to see Nikki and Kayson having a conversation.

"Alright are you going to lead it?" Soraya shrugged whilst nodding.

"Sure."

"Okay tell the others and grab the necessary equipment."

Soraya nodded leaving out the office and bumping into J'elle.

"Hey, can you please tell everybody that we're going to begin finger painting and have all the children put on some aprons please?" J'elle was so surprised that Soraya was even talking to her that she didn't know how to respond.

"Y-yeah, I'll get right on it." J'elle stuttered before blinking to double check it was Soraya Valentine that was talking to her right now, "I-I'll get right on it." She repeated.

Soraya thanked her fellow worker she went back into the main hall to spread the word a little, she soon saw the caretakers gathering all the children and getting everyone to sit around the tables - one caretaker assigned to each table.

Kayson then appeared handing the huge microphone to Soraya. For a minute she simply stared at the object in her hand amazed.

She'd never handled announcements before because both the other executive managers understood she couldn't handle that and they weren't going to ever push her into that position.

However Kayson felt like she was ready so he gave her a curt nod before walking off to stand at the side as she mustered the energy and bravery to talk.

"Alright, my lovelies, today we're going to do a sort of switch-a-roo and do some finger painting!" the crowd of 3-6 year olds all erupted into a fit of excitement, "so we have to be very very safe meaning hair all out the way and aprons on, we have to be very very careful alright!" The crowd all nodded as J'elle and Josephine began going round with tiny aprons of different colours handing them to each child.

The kids put them on as the assigned caretaker to every table helped tie the knot at the back.

"J-Jalen can you help me tie the knot?" Jalen nodded as Kaia turned around and he carefully tied the knot as his tongue slightly stuck out which happened when he was concentrating.

"Well done, Jalen. You tied a knot." Gabe - the caretaker that was covering for Soraya - praised, "well done."

Jalen knew it wasn't intentional however he found the white mans words to be condescending. He hated how adults talked to kids as if they were stupid and hard of hearing, they said everything much slower and moved their mouth weirdly.

They also praised them on the stupidest little things, Jalen just didn't like adults; he found that all the adults working in the daycare did this.

"Thank you ." He mumbled respectfully as his eyes wandered over to Soraya. She was busy helping Keizer do his knot. Soraya was going round everyone making sure they were all safely tied up.