He groaned and cried out, the noises gut-wrenching as he continued to bent out of shape on the floor in pure agony. Not a single plea or apology came out of his mouth, though.

Much to Carrow's dismay.

At once, the room fell quiet as he turned on his heels, stalking back behind the desk, his wand lowering. He sighed, shaking his head at Neville, who still on the floor trying to realise what had happened.

Relief was written all over his face as the pain finally stopped, and he scrambled up off the floor to sit back in his chair.

"Now that was the perfect introduction to our first topic. The Cruciatus Curse," Amycus nodded, eyes scanning the room. He seemed pleased with the number of terrified expressions plastered on most student's faces and carried on. "Thank you, Longbottom."

My eyes darted over to Wren first. Just like I was, she was trying her best not to look like the events fazed her much. She was glaring right at the man, not daring to look away for even a second.

But, if you looked closely, her bottom lip was trembling just slightly, her posture tense and stiff. She was very much fazed by it, and I admired her for how little of that showed on the outside.

My gaze went on to travel over to my right, across the aisle and onto Draco. He was looking at me, too. Though, I couldn't tell a single thing from his posture or the look on his face.

It was cold, portraying not a single emotion. He did exactly what Wren did; just with much better execution, and with his eyes not daring to lift off of me, instead of Carrow.

I held his eye contact; an odd sense of security and comfort coming with it.

Though, that was cut as soon as Carrow opened his mouth again. "I believe some person in particular here has some experience with it," He said, almost sounding delighted if his voice wouldn't have been as unpleasant.

At that, my eyes diverted off of Draco, my head turning to look towards the front of the classroom.

He didn't have to be talking about me, I told myself; hoping and praying he wasn't.

He could've been talking about anyone else in this classroom, I kept repeating to myself, convincing myself of the truth the words held. At the end of the day, it was to no avail.

"And not just on the receiving end..." His eyes darted over to Neville before landing on me for the first time today. "But also with the execution of it, if I'm not mistaken."

I swallowed thickly, wishing I could tear my eyes away from his, but knowing it would only signal weakness in a moment I couldn't show it. So, instead, I watched him lazily, following Wren's lead and pretended his words didn't faze me in the slightest.

"Care to give us a demonstration, Potter?"

I couldn't help but feel my breath hitch at the mention of my name. I saw both Wren and Draco tense up at it, too, before their eyes almost simultaneously fell on me.

I heard gasps and low whispers roam the room; the rather quiet noise suddenly sounding so loud in my ears.

I reminded myself to keep my cool; to not bother what everyone else was saying. That was detrimental to make it through this year when it came to both staff and students alike.

And even though my breath was heavy, all I did was raise my eyebrows lazily as almost every single pair of eyes was on me.

Hands behind his back, a smug smirk on his lips, he walked through the rows of students, up the aisle before he came to a halt right in front of mine and Wren's desk.

"How about it?" He urged, mockingly extending his hand back to the front of the class.

I took another deep breath, hoping it would calm me down. I knew I'd regret my words later on, but I didn't think I'd regret them merely a minute after.

"I think I'll pass," I shrugged, turning my head to look upfront like he wasn't stood right next to me.

He scoffed, visibly irritated.

"You think you'll-" He interrupted himself with another scoff. "you'll pass?" He repeated, making it seem like he didn't quite hear what I said.

"Yes, I think I'll-"

His hand forcefully colliding with my cheek interrupted me. A painful hiss erupting from my throat, though I didn't dare lift my hand to feel my cheek and soothe the pain.

Once again, he would've gained too much satisfaction from that simple act alone. So, all I did was turn my head, sit up straight and look right ahead of me.

As if nothing he did fazed me, I reminded myself.

"They should've stuffed that smart mouth of yours when they still had the chance!" He roared, his ego, as well as his pride, clearly hurt by my reaction before he stalked back to the front of the class.

This would be a long ninety minutes.

A/N: why do we keep getting hit

My heart is breaking because Draco won't be able to comfort us for that hit because he's supposed to hate us ugh anyways

Also, I kinda feel like making Neville a more prominent part of this story?? Seeing as he was very out there and against the carrows and their methods !! How do we feel about that?