VII.

"10K is missing, TB. Chump change to us, but I know you don't play about money."

I ran my hands down my face.

"Y'all I was planning on fucking after this meeting so I could release my stress. Y'all making it hard on Diana right now. She is going catch all y'all hell with this dick."

Tyrek laughed like that shit was so hilarious.

"What the fuck is so funny?"

"Because in my head she look good as a teacher."

"She would look good as a teacher." Amos responded.

"She is a teacher." I rubbed my temples.

I was so deadass I'm sick of these niggas but they're funny as fuck.

It was currently me, my brother, Amos, and Reggie in my office. The other workers I'm not about to name were downstairs either making product, or about to go out and sell product. Recently ten thousand dollars worth of my product is missing, something slight, but I need every cent I can get.

"Reggie, call the clean up crew. Tyrek, find out where that 10k is. Amos, you more of a business man. Once we find out who taking money, you find out how much we can accumulate without em."

"That might mean doubling the work, TB."

"Shit, double your pay. We good for it. Nigga I got connects in Cuba. They hate America and I'm in that bitch on business occasionally."

"Fine with me, boss." He put on his hoodie and disappeared into the office next door.

"Reggie, I also need you to keep an eye for Diana too. I know once she becomes more involved with me, niggas might target her too."

"Tyrell, I was already on that when I saw her at lunch the other day." We shook hands and he made his way into the basement.

Reggie's my right hand man. He's my daughter's godfather and he protects her and whoever I ask him to protect. That's my mama, my daughter, and now Diana. It used to be Desirée, but fuck her now. Only if DeNali is with her is when he'd be around.

"Ayo bro! I got who took that 10K!" Tyrek hollered from the basement.

"Fuck, he better not bleed on this $800 Valentino suit." I pulled my gun from my hip and off safety.

Tyrek had the nigga held at gunpoint to the back of the head. "Tell my big bro what you did with the product bitch!"

This nigga was shaking and crying. "I... I-"

I held the gun to his forehead. "Nigga spit it out. Both my baby girls at home waiting on me, I got plans to bake cookies and get my dick on brick."

"Bars." Amos whispered to Reggie and that had him do a wheeze laugh. I shot a serious look at him and he straightened up.

"I needed the extra money, TB?"

"So you thought stealing was an smart alternative to asking for more work? Lazy niggas I swear." I pulled the trigger.

"Wait man! I didn't sell it yet! It's all there I promise!"

"It's all there? Amos go check." I motioned to where the bag was and Amos did a thorough search.

"Well... 9k is there."

"Oh so you was gonna lie to me like I wasn't gonna notice my shit? Tyrek, you got this fool?"

"Fo sho, brother."

"Not about to waste my bullets on this nigga. Reggie, tell Shamika I said hey when you get home. I'm not in the mood. Clean this shit up too."

"No problem, TB."

I walked off through the garage and heard shots ringing. Tyrek was ruthless at 19, but he gotta be. Our daddy taught us being soft don't get you nowhere. I got into my car and made my way back home.

Once I got home, I instantly smelled the scent of cookies and heard my baby laughing from the kitchen.

"Sooo y'all baking cookies without me." I crept behind my mama and she jumped, hitting me upside the head for scaring her.

"Boy! You were taking too long! DeNali was getting all antsy and I was too!"

"What am I, chopped liver?" Diana stood there holding a plate of cookie dough.

"My bad, hey Di." I kissed her cheek.

"You know we talked about you behind your back right?" Mama clapped her hands together, shaking off the flour that was stuck on them.

"Oh really? What did you discuss?"

"Your childhood, and how you were a class clown and troublesome teenager to a big softie. I have nobody but DeNali to thank for that."

Diana chuckled. "You had such a cute baby bottom." She burst out laughing.

"Ma! You showed her my baby pictures?"

"I did!" She laughed.

"Man, hurry up with those cookies, I had a stressful day at the office. I just want a movie night with my favorite ladies that's it."

"What happened, Ty?" Diana came over to the couch where I was sitting and rubbed my shoulders.

"Fuck, that feels good."

"Tyrell Deshawn Birthwaite! Watch your mouth around my baby!"

"Sorry ma!"

Diana chuckled. "You're tense. What be going on up there?"

I didn't want to tell her about how I get my money forreal, so I told her, "heated discussion, baby."

"Cookies are ready, everyone!" DeNali called from the kitchen.

****

"...And now I like them, Sam I am. The End. Goodnight princess."

"Goodnight daddy."

I kissed her forehead, turned on her nightlight, and shut her door. I'm still really pissed off about tonight, now I gotta make up for the money lost. I walked into my room and see Diana wearing one of my shirts.

"I forgot my sleep clothes-"

"No you good, in fact, stay just like that." I reached in my pocket for my phone and switched it to camera.

"Tyrell please no pictures, I do not feel cute right now."

"Nah move your hand from your face let me take one."

She finally moved her hand and I snapped the pic and saved it as my home screen. DeNali is my lockscreen for all who were concerned.

"Now can I go to bed now?"

"Nah."

"Nah? Boy what are you up to?"

"Niggas had a rough day on the job, and I already told the guys I'm about to take it out on you so." I got on top of her and moved her panties to the side.

"Tyrell are you-" she moaned as I slid it in.

I kissed her passionately and stroked faster.

"I hate youuu." She moaned.

"No you don't." I lifted her leg over my shoulder and began stroking harder.

I didn't even know she was that flexible, I'm just doing stuff now.

We fuck around for another hour or 2, and now she's finally fast asleep. I finally check my phone and I get a missed call from Tyrek. I decided to call this fool back.

"What's up, bro?"

"I really wanted to borrow your Prada belt for my fit, but I heard you fucking sooo I'll just get it in the morning. Goodnight G."

"Don't you have your own nigga? Goodnight lil bro." I hung up.

I glanced over at Di, who was now naked, hair all over the place, but so beautiful. I can't wait to wife her. It's about that time I settle down.