"Would you like to sit with me at lunch?" Taylor asked. Zoey thought a moment before nodding.

When lunch came, Zoey sat down at an empty table while she waited for Taylor who was in the lunch line. She glanced up and gaze became fixed on this one boy sitting a few tables away. His hair was brunette like hers but was a lot shorter and a little curlier (her hair was straightened). It was hard to make out the color of his eyes from where she sat, but she was convinced they were blue.

"Hey," Taylor announced herself before sitting down next to Zoey.

"O-oh hey." Zoey stuttered, a little startled.

"Who were you staring at?" Taylor giggled.
"No one." Zoey said, looking away from the boy she was staring at.

"Ahh, Zachary Gilmore." Taylor smirked.
"Who is he?"
"He's the quarterback of the football team and one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet."

"Who are the people sitting with him?" Zoey asked, acknowledging the three others he was sitting with, mostly referring to the girls.

"The girl with longer hair is Zach's twin sister, Rory Gilmore. The girl with the shorter hair is their best friend, Lane Kim. The three of them have been friends since like Kindergarten. And lastly the other boy sitting with them is Dean Forester. He was new to Stars Hollow last year and he's also dating Zach's sister. That's how he and Zach became best friends. The four of them are inseparable." Taylor concluded.

<after school>

Rory walks inside the house, drops her stuff in her room, and lays on her bed hugging a pillow facing the wall. A few minutes later Zach pauses at the doorway to her room.

"Hey, why didn't you wait for me?" He asked her. After receiving no answer, he moves toward the bed and lays down next to her. His hands folded and resting on his stomach.

"Do wanna talk about it?" Zach asked.

Rory let out a deep sigh before replying. "I think I've disappointed Dean and Lane." She told him.

"Why?" He asked, voice filled with curiosity.

"Because I'm still not sure about going to the dance."

"They've known that for weeks and you know just as well as I do that they would never try to force you to do something you don't feel comfortable doing or be somewhere you don't want to be." Zach told her.

There was a pause.

"All I'm saying is don't worry about upsetting anyone. If you decide to go...go for you. Not because someone told you to or wanted you to." He said. Rory began to smile.

<the dance>

<Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift plays>

They walk into the gym and Zach looks at Rory and Lane.

"I'll be over there if you guys need anything." Zach told them.

They both nodded and walk over to a table. Zach approaches some guys from his team and they cheer when they see him.

A guy then came up behind Lane. He was tall - about the same height as Zach - and had short curly hair

"Hey, Lane." The boy said.
Lane turned around and smiled.

"Hey Dave." She said happily.

"I was wondering if you'd like to dance with me?"

Lane turned to Rory who was smiling.

"Go." Rory insisted.

Lane turned back to Dave and took his hand. She looked back nervously at Rory as Dave pulled her onto the dance floor.

"Hey." Another boy spoke.

Rory looks to her right and sees Dean standing there smiling.

"So you decided to come, huh?" He joked. Rory rolled her eyes playfully and smiled. He chuckled as Falling by Harry Sytles started playing. "So do you wanna dance?" He asked her.

"I would love to." She answered and the two walked onto the dance floor.

Taylor and Zoey were sitting on the bleachers talking.

"Hey, why'd you ask me to sit with you at lunch today? It's the first day and I'm new here. No one usually does that." Zoey asked her.

Taylor shrugged. "I guess I just wished someone would have done that for me. I also don't really have any friends." Taylor said, laughing nervously towards the end.

"Well now you've got one." Zoey smiled at her. Taylor looked at her new friend and smiled. Taylor then glanced to her right and smirked.

"Hey, there's Zach!" Taylor whispered shouted to Zoey.

"So?"

"So go talk to him!"

Zoey shook her head. "No, I can't do that."
"Of course you can! Go on!" Taylor encouraged her and gently pushed her in his direction.

Zoey giggled. "Okay, okay!" She said. She sucked in a deep breath before climbing down the bleachers and from there she approached him.

Zach was looking out onto the dancefloor and smiled as he saw how happy his bestfriends were. Part of him wished he had what they had, but that didn't end so well last time did it? Before Zach could stumble down memory lane, he heard someone speaking to him.

"Hi." An unfamiliar voice said. Zach turns and sees this beautiful girl just slightly shorter than him standing in front of him. She wore a red lace short sleeved, knee high dress and wore silver heels.

"I'm Zoey." She introduced herself. "I uh saw you and I don't know I just thought you were cute and wanted to say hi I guess." She giggled nervously. Zach smiled, thinking about how cute she was when she was nervous.

"I'm Zach." He introduced himself.

The song continues to play as the scene zoomes out on Zach and Zoey.