Chapter 19

Aria's POV

I was in my cabin with Liam. After the lunch with Mr Parker and Mark, I bought him here. During it, I noticed Mr Parker was looking at me many times. But whenever I would look at his side he would avert his eyes. There were butterflies in my stomach due to his intense stare. 'But why would he be staring at me? Was there anything on my face or what? Wait I should just stop thinking about this. Maybe he was looking at Liam and not me. Yeah that will be the reason and here I am overthinking about it. Stupid Aria.' I thought to myself.

We have been in my cabin for nearly four hours but Liam hasn't slept yet. I thought when kids have thier meals they sleep. Xavier used to have his nap right after his lunch. He used to sleep peacefully for an hour. I looked at my desk where Liam was sitting in front of me. He was frowning about something. 'Like father like son.' I can't help but think that Liam and Nathan share so many similar features. Even small habits of Liam are like Nathan. A soft giggle bought me out of my world. He was giving me his beautiful smile. My god his smile is surely gonna steal hearts once he grows up. Although, he already took mine.

He was throwing his arms towards me. How can anyone say no to him. I took him in my arms and he cuddled himself with me. He is such a good boy. I have spent almost four hours with him but he hasn't once troubled me. He was either playing with my hair or tracing something on my face. When my attention is not on him, he pouts his lips and makes a sad expression. He likes all attention on him. Mr Parker is blessed to have a child like him. Liam cuddled more with me by placing his head deeper in my collarbone and his hands around my neck. He was clutching at me like koala bear.

It seems that like he is trying hard to not sleep. I rubbed his back and moved back and forth in my office. In some minutes he was in deep sleep. He was snoring lightly with mouth opened. God, he was looking so adorable even in his sleep. I don't regret spending my time with him today instead of making that presentation. Besides, it would take just some of relaxing time which I don't mind at all. He is way more important than my sleep. I stroked his cheeks and he smiled in his sleep. 'He must be having good dream' I thought. I kissed both his cheeks and then his forehead.

I didn't want to place Liam on the sofa so we both sat on my office chair. I placed my left arm around Liam although I don't think he might fall with his hands around me in a firm grip. I began replying work related emails and started my research on Queens Corporation with whom we have lunch meeting tomorrow. There was a soft knock on the door. Deciding to not wake up Liam, I went towards door to open it. There was Nathan standing with both his hands stuffed in pockets of his suit. I would not lie and say that he wasn't attractive because he was smoking hot. Even with his hair messed up and sleeves of his shirt rolled up till elbow he looked sexy. It was like he just came out from the front page of magazine. He was everything a girl wished to be in her other half apart from his rude behaviour. I didn't realised that I was ogling at him unless he whispered only for me to hear so that Liam doesn't wakes up.

"Done checking me out Miss Campbell. Now, can I have my son back."

See this is what I am talking about. I shouldn't think about him in that way.

"Sure Mr Parker." I whispered back.

I gave him Liam and he stirred in his sleep a bit. I forwarded my hand to lul him back to sleep but Mr Parker did that. Liam seemed to have guessed familiar feeling as he went back to sleep. I kept my hand on my side awkwardly.

"I'll see you tomorrow Miss Campbell with the presentation ofcourse." Mr Parker said with a small smirk on his face.

Oh so you want to challenge me Mr Parker. You would surely be surprised with the with my presentation tomorrow.