Chapter 5: Cruel Dilemma

Start from the beginning

"Xana's launched an attack."

****

"Yumi, Mel, I've lost contact with Ulrich." Jeremy informed the two girls who were sprinting towards the Factory.

"Where was he when you last spoke to him?" Yumi asked.

"He was heading for the Factory with the bulldozers." Jermy replied.

"Okay, we're almost there." Mel said. "We'll find him."

****

When Yumi and Mel arrived at the Factory they saw the bulldozer beginning to destroy the place and Ulrich's arm hanging out the side of one.

"Mel, you go on ahead and help Jeremy." Yumi said.

"You sure?" Mel asked and Yumi nodded. "Be careful, Yumi."

Mel then quickly used a rope to swing down to the ground and Yumi followed suit, only she swung herself into the bulldozer with Ulrich in it
Mel quickly made her way to where Jeremy was and he sent her over to the scanners and quickly virtualised her.

"Glad you could join the party." Odd greeted her as she took out her laser bladed sword.

"Yeah, sorry I'm late." She replied.

"Hello, Rogsters. Now which one of you wants to be first?" Odd said as he and Mel crouched protectively in front of Aelita.

The monsters started firing rapidly and both Odd and Mel were struck a few times as they barely had enough time to react. Even Aelita ended up being struck in the leg, which caused Mel to move closer to her and start using her sword more to block the blasts rather than dodging and risking Aelita being struck again.

"Hey, would you two cool it? Your mission is to protect Aelita. Remember?" Jeremy told them.

"You want to trade places, Jeremy?" Odd replied.

"Odd, you've used up four of tour ten arrows." Jeremy informed. 

"Here comes three more." Odd said as he flipped out of the way of multiple blasts and sent three laser arrows at a monster, killing it.

"Nicely done, Odd." Mel complimented as the three of them ran from the remaining three monsters.

****

"Jeremy. We're starting to get a little lonely out here." Odd said.

"Okay, Yumi's on her way." Jeremy replied. "As for Ulrich... Let's just say he's fast asleep."

"He is? That must be tough. I mean, without his ear plugs." Odd said.

"Ulrich sleeps with ear plugs?" Mel asked curiously.

"Yeah. Just found out today. Weird, huh?" Odd said.

Yumi was soon virtualised not long after that conversation.

"Odd, Mel. Figure out a way to slow down the Rogsters. You're way ahead of Yumi." Jeremy said.

"You take care of the Rogsters. I'll protect Aelita." Mel said.