"Lis, shut up. I'm asleep." Minnie spoke loud enough for Jennie to hear.

"Who is that? Where are you?" Jennie's voice grew alarm

"A resident. I'm sleeping at the on call room. Anyone can sleep here." Lisa answered while making effort to stand up. Her head was dizzy.

"Where are you going?" Minnie asked before Lisa reached the door.

"Come back home." Jennie ordered firmly. "Come back home right now."

"I'm about to go home. You don't have to be so rude."

The phone went off abruptly. Lisa stared at the screen then heaved an annoyed breath.

"Wifey wants you to go home?"

"Yeah."

"Marriage doesn't seem so fun."

"It had its time. Bye, Minnie."

"Hm."

---

Lisa was ready to face the wrath Jennie might throw at her. True, her wife was sitting at the couch with the coldest expression Lisa had ever seen. No friendly welcome, no warm hug, moreover passionate kiss.

"Explain."

"Explain what?"

"Who the hell was that? Who slept in the same room with you?"

Calmly, Lisa took a seat beside Jennie. "Her name is Minnie. She's my classmate from medical school. She uh. . . she just come back to Seoul to continue her education. She's an anesthesiology resident."

"How is it possible she sleep in the same room with you? She's a resident and you're attending." Jennie demanded.

"I've said it, it's on-call room. Everyone can sleep there. Nurses, Midwives, Doctors."

Lisa hesitantly took her wife's fingers and intertwined with her. Thankfully, Jennie didn't show any objection. "She's not someone you should worry. I will never cheat on you. She's just a friend, nothing more.

"Who were you texting constantly?"

"It's occasionally, not constantly. It's her, too. She asked about hospital's rule and stuff."

"Why don't she just call?"

"She wanted to, I said I can't. It's bad enough I have to receive calls from my residents at home. It's not that important anyway."

"But you don't like texting." Jennie said as a matter of fact.

Lisa pulled out her phone from her pocket and offered it to Jennie. "You can read it all. I have nothing to hide."

Jennie put the device then put it on the table. Lisa was not an actor. She was a terrible liar. With years of experience in reading people, Jennie can safely say that her significant other was telling her nothing but the truth.

"I believe you."

"Thanks."

Lisa leaned on Jennie's shoulder. She closed her eyes and tightened her grip.

There was nothing change the way Lisa held her hand, the way Lisa looked at her, her body language, her warmth and her need of perfect closeness to her. It was all still the same. Should she cheat, Jennie would feel at least a slight difference in her behavior. Maybe it was just an irrational idea. She was just being paranoid. But why? Was it because she kept something from Lisa?

Jennie washed out the thought. She didn't do anything wrong. What she did with ChaHee was only about work. She didn't cross any line.

"How was the surgery going?"