"I thought so, too. I mean I heard the gossip but you were head over heels in love with her. I thought you get back together or something,"

"No, Minnie, no. She's gone from my life. She's not my wife." Lisa unconsciously frowned as she grabbed her backpack from the chair.

"Who's the lucky girl, then?"

"Her name is Jennie Kim. But I am the lucky one."

The pretty woman snorted. "She's not here to hear that, Lisa. You don't have to say that."

Lisa didn't answer that. "See you at lunch tomorrow?"

"Sure," she paused a little. "I'm going to walk you to your car."

"Hm." Lisa started to move as Minnie followed beside her.

A comfortable stillness enveloped the air. Lisa was lost in her thought. No one had ever mentioned her ex's name in a long time. She even had forgotten Yeri's existence in her life. Jennie was her center of attention. She made Lisa fell in love with her everyday, the feeling was thousands times stronger than she had ever felt towards anyone else. Then, what was this weird emotion?

"You know. . . I used to have a small, silly crush on you." Minnie broke the perfect silence.

Lisa lifted up her eyes, meeting Minnie's teasing stare.

"I think everybody had that on you. You were just too blind to see. I thought I'd have a chance when you broke up with Yeri. But then you changed and I moved to rural area. I heard you join the war. It must be really hard on you, hm?"

"It was all in the past. I'm happy now." Lisa answered as polite as she could. She was intentionally avoiding her friend's kind of confession. "Well, this is me," she pointed Jennie's white sedan. "I'll see you around, Minnie."

"You owe me a lunch, Lalisa Manoban."

"Yeah, yeah, sure." She waved constantly as she pressed the remote button then pulled the car door.

"For the record," Minnie spoke again before Lisa entered the car. "I think your wife is the lucky one." She took one step closer, eyes unsettling. "You're still as charming as ever."

"Thanks." Lisa nodded once then got into her car. She rolled down the window and waved a bit to the woman who didn't stop staring till her car disappeared from her sight.

---

"Baby, can you pick up the triplets from kindergarten? I have meeting late afternoon." Jennie swiftly served the pancakes to the plate while Lisa filled the cups with fresh orange juice.

"Yeah, sure. Babies! Breakfast's ready!" Lisa shouted. Soon, the triplets were all set in their respective chair.

"I can take you to the office, if you want? Then drop them off. I'll pick up you whenever you're done."

"Uh. . . It's fine. I'll drive. I have to go now."

"What about your breakfast?"

"I'll get something on my way." Jennie quickly moved to the living room, took her purse then walked back to the kitchen to give everybody a goodbye kiss.

"Be careful on your way!"

"Will do!"

Jennie had been extra busy recently. Her loyal clients needed her for different cases. She couldn't say no to them. She had tried to turn them down gently, but some of them persist. They even talked to Mr. Lee and offered great amount of reward should Jennie accept.