Prologue

"You can't afford an entrance fee ma'am, I don't understand how you expected to be accepted in the first place."

It's not like that was the first time I had ever heard those words, but this was the last agency I had any hope for getting into. 

I walked down the streets of Tokyo, watching as hero's and civilians alike worked in harmony to smooth over issues not even police officers could solve alone. I knew being a hero meant being worth something in this life. It was the only way you could make a difference, the only way you could make your life worth living. My father made sure to instill that thought into my head.

Hotel Sky Adobe

I entered the lobby and made my way to the stair case. 

I wondered if anyone would notice how out of place I probably looked. Well it won't matter anyways. I thought to myself. 

The roof top of any building always comes with the best views and connection to nature. A weird way to view it, but anyone could see for miles, feel the breeze against their skin, and smell whatever the city had to offer. 

Standing on the edge, I feel all of my sense of edge. One step is all it would take. 

I closed my eyes, ready to lean forward and finally accept my inevitable fate.

"Hey. What the hell do you think your doing?"