"Aren't we lucky that we live in a time where our marriage is legal?" Brett said, smiling at Eddy.

There was a moment of awkward silence between them until Eddy decided to break the silence.

"Such a genuine love, isn't it? What you had for me after all this time is so beautiful and raw."

"I know... But you know, everything in here isn't just me." Brett started, shuffling over to the last pages. "You could see that the handwriting slowly becomes different, even the style of writing. I personally think that this is one of the prettiest parts of all this." He added, pointing at the very first entry that isn't his own.

"I wish I brought that handwriting to this lifetime. Look at it, it's so beautiful." Eddy said, fingertips tracing over the thousand year old page.

"Hubby, of course their handwriting before is prettier, they had limited access to printing. Now, we could just print whatever we wanted to." Brett replied.

"Yeah, you're right," he said. "Anyways, will you do the honors and read us what I wrote you before, Brett?" Eddy concluded, hugging his husband closer to him.

"No, not yet. I might cry." Brett joked.

"Fuck off, I've been crying for the past hour. It's your turn..." Eddy joked back.

"Fine." Brett retorted, opening the page again.

- - - - -

January 10, 1903

After all these years, he stayed as my lover. Even after he thought that I never reciprocated his. Maybe, this is what they call unconditional love, maybe this is what he meant by loving me. I am just lucky enough to be with a man who loves me dearly. I may have been married to a woman for the sake of compliance but he still cherishes me to this day.

I do not ever know what I did to deserve this miracle but it makes me happy. Truly happy. Oh, would you like to know the way he holds me? He holds me as though he will lose me again. He holds me as though I remain to be his only source of warmth. He holds me as though I am his reason to live.

Every single time I am reminded of this, I hold on to him the same way he does to me. I believe it is the best I could do. I let him down before, so I shall not do so anymore. I am deeply in love with this man that no words are able to fathom or comprehend the way I feel.

I do not know how long I may live, but as long as I am breathing, I have always loved him, I love him and I will always love him. Always love him.

- - - - -

"I know that writing has not always been my strong suit but mainly, I can't write it all down." Eddy started after seeing Brett shed a few tears.

"Oh, fuck off, Eddy. You heard what you wrote before." Brett said, starting to joke in order to lighten the situation.

"You fuck off, Tchaikovsky was in love with you in your past life yet you chose me. Pretty stupid, if you ask me."  Eddy joked back.

"Oh, we're still friends with Tchaikovsky." Brett mentioned nonchalantly.

"How could you just tell me this now?" Eddy asked in such disbelief.

"I forgot? Again, in my defense, I thought you were aware." Brett defended. "Would you like to guess who it is?" He added.

"No, just fucking tell me, hubby." Eddy said sarcastically.

"Okay, it's Jordon."

"Actually, that makes so much sense."

"Really?"

"Really."

They stayed quiet for a while and just basked in the glory of realization. They took all of what they could digest and wrapped their heads around the concept of their very colorful past life.

"I love you, Brett." Eddy finally said, breaking their silences and breaking into tears. "I cannot believe how lucky I am to have you." He added, smiling at his lover.

Brett enveloped him in his arms. He smiled back at his beloved, slowly the grin turns mischievous.

"You called me hubby in order to get what you want." Brett started, laughing at the realization.

"I was expecting an 'I love you too, Eddy.' But you gave me this shit, instead. I cannot believe I married a dumbass." Eddy joked, smiling at his lovely husband.

"Very rich, coming from mister 'I never wanted to marry but here I am' boy. You know I love you so much." Brett joked at the first half, but sincerely saying the second half.

"I know..."

"So... You wanna read more or do you wanna nap?"

"Of course we should nap. We have the rest of our lives to worry about our past. What matters is that I'm with you herein forward."

"You always sweet talk your way into things, hubby."

"Call me hubby one more time and I'm sleeping on the couch."

"Oh, fuck off. You used it to manipulate me to answering."

"Very true."