XXXVI. (semi-nsfw)

Start from the beginning

"So I could wake up to this. So I could fall asleep to great sex and cuddles." Eddy said without missing a beat.

"Aww, Eddy... As tempting as it sounds, we only had one proper date. I'm a gentleman, you know... Also, it's crazy how we've traveled the world together already but never had a proper date until yesterday." Brett said, handing Eddy a plate of breakfast.

"Well, we had sex before marrying. So, I guess this isn't a bizarre timeline for Brett and Eddy." Eddy deadpanned.

Brett laughed lightly. Eddy had a point, but he was a tease.

"Eddy, if you wanna marry, you should ask properly." Brett teased.

"Oh yeah, how would you like to be asked, then?" Eddy asked, teasing back a bit.

"Like this..." Brett said, pulling a ring box from out of the pocket of his sweatpants.

Eddy was shocked. He didn't know what to say.

"Is this a prank? Is that box empty?" Eddy asked, trying to play it off as a joke.

"No, you said you wanted to know how I would like to be asked, so here it is." Brett replied, opening the box.

"Brett, this is too much..." Eddy said.

"I didn't want it to be such a huge theatrical thing... So, here I am. Standing in front of you, with a ring, the day after our first date and best night. I know it's extremely odd to be asked to be engaged after the first date, but here I am anyway." Brett started, a bit nervous but he was assured that Eddy wanted this too. Eddy chuckled a bit, tears flowing out of his eyes.

"You are the best person someone out there could have given to me. I wouldn't have it any other way. Last night, I asked you if you were still mine when we wake up. You said that you'll be mine until the end of time... I know we really don't need the assurance, but if this is the way I could prove my words and actions, I would do it without hesitation. Eddy, please marry me?" Brett asked, holding his beloved close to him.

"Fuck... Of course I'll marry you, fucking cheesy piece of shit. Did you really think I'd say fucking no?" Eddy asked, crying his eyes out.

"That was the most aggressive yes I have heard for a proposal, but I'm taking it." Brett joked, holding Eddy as he soothed the crying man. He slipped the ring on their left, third fingers.

"You better, bitch." Eddy said, clinging to Brett, happily crying.

"I love you..."

"I love you, too..."

The rest of the morning was easy and quiet. The joy was glowing from their atmosphere and they were terribly happy.

"Should we tell people?" Eddy asked.

"I think we could let them guess for themselves. Anyway, wanna come to my family home and give everyone a happy heart attack?" Brett asked with a smile.

"This was the best idea you've had." Eddy said, getting dressed.

"Meet me at the car and we go when you're done." Brett started, dashing out the front door.

The car ride from Eddy's apartment to Brett's family home was filled with light teasing and Eddy singing along to whatever was one the radio. They weren't particularly nervous, seeing as everyone was already expecting the engagement.

Brett turned the house key and entered the home, holding hands with Eddy. They were both surprised that Eddy's family was also there. But, it was definitely good timing. Double the family, double the good time, Brett always said.

They casually just sat down on the dining table where everyone was eating. It was a normal thing they do. The two boys were always late so nobody batted an eye.

"Where did you two come from?" Belle asked, seeing the boys holding hands.

"We had a proper date yesterday." Brett just replied, sitting down next to Eddy.

"Have you eaten?" Mama Yang asked.

"Yes auntie..." Eddy answered, accidentally raising his hand up to his face to rub his eyes.

Everyone was quiet, trying to see if they were hallucinating. Brett confirmed it when he did the same motion. He already sensed how his parents were looking at each other, even Eddy's parents.

"Holy shit!" Alexander exclaimed excitedly.

"Language, aiyah." Mama Chen and mama Yang said at the same time.

"Why are you so excited, Alex?" Brett asked.

"You're engaged?" Papa Yang asked calmly.

Brett shrugged while Eddy grinned properly.

"Didn't you just say you just had your first date yesterday?" Belle asked.

"Yeah... But we've also traveled the world together before. And we've been with each other for at least a year before having the proper first date, so I wouldn't say it's that weird." Eddy replied.

"Aiyah, you gave us a heart attack. You both told us just recently that you were together but now you're engaged?" Mama Chen asked.

"Well, are you both happy about that decision?" Papa Chen asked.

"Yes papa... I'm really happy with Brett." Eddy assured.

"Nothing else is there to say, then. When do you wanna get married?" Papa Yang asked again.

"We don't know yet. But, when we do, we'll tell you." Brett answered.

"Oh god, you're both unhinged." Mama Chen said, fanning herself with her hand.

"Is that good or bad?" Belle asked.

"Both." She responded.