"This got very sad, quickly."

"I know, but a bit of reality will keep us grounded."

Eddy went quiet for a while and Brett decided to maintain that silence, too.

"Do you really think that you aren't worthy of me until now?" Eddy asked sincerely.

"No, I don't think it... I know it. It's just, I'm better at managing it now because, well, you love me. I never doubted your love, I always knew that was the truth. But when it comes to me being worthy of you, I think about it a lot." Brett cleared his throat and started talking more. "I still think you need a better life than this... I'm glad you love me and think that I'm worthy of you. Yet, my brain just tells me that you need to be kept by someone who really deserves you."

"If anything, it should be me thinking this... Though, you loving me all this time just makes me have faith. That maybe I am doing something right and living something worthwhile." Eddy said, playing with Brett's hair. "I love you Brett, I really do."

"Eddy, I love you too. I love you a lot."

"Good."

With that, the men fell asleep blissfully.

- - - - -

The moment they set foot back in Australia, Eddy was suddenly calling Brett. They weren't even a day apart yet.

"You need something?" Brett asked.

"Yeah, just come to my childhood home." Eddy said calmly, smile almost audible from Brett's line.

"Okay..." Brett said, hanging his phone up.

He got dressed casually and picked up a cake from the store. He always brought something when he was visiting the Chen's. He drove to the home and immediately greeted by Eddy waiting for him.

The moment Brett set foot on the household, he could sense the tension. Eddy was still trying to be calm while mama Chen had a look of scrutiny in her face as she looked at Brett. Brett set the cake down and greeted Eddy's parents politely.

"I heard the news that concerned you..."  Mama Chen said with a tone that seems indistinguishable.

"What was it about, auntie? I certainly hope it was great news." Brett said, trying to be polite.

"Edward here just told me that you and him were in a relationship, is that correct?" Mama Chen asked inquisitively.

Brett looked at Eddy with a questioning look. Eddy just nodded.

"Yes ma'am... I'm terribly sorry that I'm not prepared. If Eddy told me he was planning on telling you, I would have given you a better and more prepared answer." Brett said, apologizing to Eddy's parents. "Please forgive me." Brett added.

There was silence and Brett was dreading it. He decided to cut it, by speaking his mind.

"Mr. and Mrs. Chen, I know I'm not exactly who you were expecting when the time comes that Eddy will introduce another significant other in his life... But he makes me happy and he makes me feel loved. I love him so much and I know me and him aren't really a conventional couple. Yet, my soul always knew it was him again and again." Brett explained, clearing his throat. "If you really don't approve of our relationship and never allow us to marry, I respect that... But please, give me a chance to prove that my love for him is not an insanity before you completely disapprove of me." Brett added, kneeling down in front of Eddy's parents.

Papa Chen was more than impressed. He wouldn't do this even if he loved someone so much. Mama Chen felt her heart grow soft at the man in front of her. She never saw someone brave enough to defend their love for another person. Of course, she didn't show it.

"Son, sit down on the sofa... You don't have to do this." Papa Chen exclaimed, looking at Brett with such softness.

Brett sat down as he looked for an answer from Mama Chen. He understood from that look that Papa Chen already approved.

"Well, I can't disagree... I cannot let soulmates part." Mama Chen said, holding Brett's hand. "Be good to our son..." Mama Chen added.

"I will. Please do not worry. I will do my best." Brett replied.

Eddy sighed out loud and everyone looked at him intently.

"What? I thought you were gonna disown me..." Eddy defended.

"Aiyah, you always ruin the moment." Mama Chen said. "You're lucky that Brett is here to keep you at your feet." Mama Chen added.

"Oh ma, trust me, I know..." Eddy replied.

After a long afternoon of mingling and chatting, Brett and Eddy were at the car. They were driving back to Eddy's apartment. When they reached it, they both went down to the flat.

"You know, you could have told me that you were gonna tell your parents." Brett said, laughing a little.

"I know, but you were gonna be too nervous so I did it casually." Eddy responded.

"Shush, you're really fucking lucky that I love you."

"Trust me, I know very well."

Eddy stood in front of Brett, hugging him.

"Can I kiss you?" Eddy asked.

"Of course..." Brett said, closing his eyes.

Eddy slowly leaned it, savoring the in between moments of the kiss. He held Brett close to him, feeling his warmth. Brett smiled into the kiss. This was perfect.