"No pa, it's okay. I'll come to the dinner. It's for Alex and Belle anyway, not for me." Brett said, smiling at them.

He stood up and walked out of the dining room. He stopped for a while as he observed his parents by the door. He feels like he shouldn't be lingering there but he can't help it. He can't help but see how they love each other.

Sure, they weren't physically affectionate but everything worked out for them. He smiled as he saw papa Yang hold her hand. He felt so happy at the sight. He was contented so he went up to his room.

He went to his bed and sighed. He felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He answered it immediately, not looking who it is.

"Hello?" Brett asked, keeping his tone neutral.

"I guess you've heard the news." Eddy started, excited tone evident in his voice.

"Of course. Bro, I'm so happy for them. You should've seen the look on their faces when they said it. They looked so excited." Brett said, trying to match Eddy's tone.

There was a moment of silence until Eddy spoke up.

"Brett?"

"Hmm?" Brett asked, closing his eyes.

"I'm really sorry for yesterday... I really hope that tonight wouldn't be awkward or uncomfortable." Eddy replied, too apologetically.

"Don't sweat it. I mean, we're okay now, right? It really isn't awkward or uncomfortable." Brett said honestly.

He was hurting but he was used to it.

"Okay, then. I'll see you later... I lov- I mean, bye Brett." Eddy said, cutting himself off before he could say it.

"I'll see you later..." Brett said, hanging up the phone.

- - - - -

They were all dressed in smart casual clothes when they arrived. The Chen and Yang family greeted each other. They all sat at a round table for eight. Alexander was next to Belle, Belle is next to her parents, Alexander next to his parents and ending the circle is Brett and Eddy next to each other.

Everyone was just having their conversations individually. They were chatting about the wedding that will occur next year. Of course, Brett and Eddy weren't related to the wedding so they kept quiet unless they were asked.

"This seems familiar..." Eddy said, trying to recognize why he was getting a heavy sense of deja vu.

Brett was quiet for a while until he decided to speak up.

"They were together in the past life and they were our siblings too." Brett replied quietly.

"Huh? How did you know?" Eddy asked.

"Alexander told me when he was younger, he gets these dreams wherein he's watching a woman play piano, then eventually marrying that woman. But he said that the most specific dream he had was when her family and his were gathering and when his past life told me about his past relationship with Belle." Brett explained, looking at Eddy.

"So, am I the only one not getting visions or dreams of my soulmate?" Eddy asked.

"Ma told me that hers didn't occur until she was in love with pa." Brett answered, looking at Eddy with a soft look.

If you were a spectator of the two, the look from Brett wouldn't be missed. It was the look of love, it was how any other couple in the table would look at their pair. Mama Yang observed this look from his older son. This reminds her of the earlier days, back when it was just her husband in love with her. How she had missed those looks, she'll never know.

"Brett?" Eddy asked, looking directly at Brett's eyes.

"Yes, Eddy?" Brett asked back, returning the eye contact so or wouldn't be awkward for Eddy.

"I told Toni that I still loved her but she told me that the possibility of me and her being together again is nonexistent." Eddy whispered honestly, still not looking away.

Brett couldn't say anything so he made a gesture for Eddy to keep on going with his story.

"She really loved her soulmate. They're engaged, too" Eddy added with a sad smile.

"Man, I'm sorry to hear that... I hope you'll feel better soon. At least she's happy, right?" Brett had said, trying to console Eddy's sadness.

He too was sad, but it's not like he could open up to Eddy about it. He really didn't wanna see Eddy today because it's just a reminder of what they were supposed to be. They were supposed to be like everyone in the table, in love and happy with each other. Yet, it wasn't the case for the two of them.

Two broken hearts with one trying to mend the other's.

"She's very happy with him, but I can't help but feel a bit selfish."

"Selfish how?" Brett asked with curiosity.

"A part of me wanted her to just return to me and pick me instead." Eddy replied, fiddling with his hands.

"Well, there's nothing to feel guilty about being wanted... Don't worry too much about it, Eddy. It's normal to feel that way." Brett reassured, giving Eddy a soft smile.

Eddy didn't say anything, but smiled back.

"Oh, her words stuck to me, though. That maybe I just haven't found my soulmate, yet."

"I guess so. It says a lot."

I'm right here, Eddy. Please look at my way, too.