I nodded, with a small smile. His eyes widen slightly, as if in shock. After recovering from his shock, he grinned, and brought both the kids close to him. Looking at them both in the eyes,  he cupped one of their cheeks with using both his hands.

"I'm your daddy," he said, with pride in his voice.

The twins looked at him for a while, then turned to look at each other, before squeezing their daddy into a hug. With their little hands, they tightly hugged Chase with huge smiles on their faces. They looked unbelievably happy, their eyes shinning with love and their faces were a lot brighter.

"We missed you daddy," Charis murmured, her voice muffled slightly because her face was pressed against his shoulder.

"I missed you too," he said, a small tear leaking out of his eye. It made me feel truly guilty that I'd kept that happiness away from him. My wolf was howling in pain that she's made her mate cry, and me, well I felt so shitty it was unbelievable.

He looked up to me and said, "We need to talk."

If we were together or something, then I'd be getting worried, thinking that we were breaking up. Too bad we're not going to be together this lifetime, and probably the next to come as well, so he can't break up with me.

I nodded but otherwise said nothing. Walking around the shop for a bit, he showed Charis the best types of paint, even though she had no idea what he was talking about. She didn't really understand anything about acrylic or oil paint, I knew she was enjoying time with her daddy.

I could tell he was a great dad, and that made me feel even worse, because of what my kids missed for four, nearly five, years of their lives.

After a while, we decided, that we should go to McDonald, since it was just around the block, and the kids were hungry as well. As usual, walking down the road, some people asked me for autographs or photos. The kids seemed to love the attention they got along, and they smiled and giggled all the through. Chase smiled at people and waved, knowing exactly what to do. He would anyways since he was one of the most eligible bachelors since recently and the richest man below the age of twenty-five. He had a huge business industry and all in all, he was very famous for his money and good-looks.

Once we reached McDonald, Chase went to order the food, leaving me alone at the table with the kids.

"Momma, we love Daddy," Charis said with a huge smile on her face.

"We don't ever want to leave him, we want to live with him forever and ever," Kaden added. This surprised me because I knew he was their Dad and all, but Kaden was normally very wary of people. He didn't warm to people as quickly as Charis did, and now, he was telling me he didn't ever want to leave his Daddy, who he merely met a few hours ago. Just one word for that: wow.

"Baby, I'm so sorry, but we're going to have to go back to New York one day. This is just a vacation remember, we're gonna have to go back home in a few months," I explained.

"WHAT?!" I heard coming from a few metres away from our table.

"Chase . . ." I whispered, not knowing what to say.

"What was that about? Are you really moving to New York again?" he shouted, his eyes wide slightly because of the shock.

"Chase, can we just talk about this later?" I said calmly, not wanting to attract attention by making a scene.

He simply nodded and said nothing. Eating was awkward, there was an awkward silence because nobody was wanting to break the silence first. Occasionally, one of the twins would say something, but apart from that, it was completely silent.After eating, the kids went to play in the kids area, while Chase and I watched them from a distant.

"So . . .how are you?" I said, breaking the silence.

"I've seen better days, how are you?" he asked.

Of course he's seen better days, he lost his so-called mate, or fuck-buddy shall I say, and he's found out that the baby he loved wasn't even his, I thought bitterly.

"I'm very good, as you can see," I said.

"Yeah, we hear about you all the time on the news or the radio and Internet. They seem to never leave you alone."

"Yeah, well it's part of the package, and honestly as long as they don't get into my business too much or hurt my kids, then it's good," I shrugged.

"Our kids," he corrected. I didn't say anything for a while after that, we just sat there watching the twins.

"I'm sorry Chase, but in a couple of months time, I'm moving back to New York," I said.

"You can't. You've stolen four years of our kids' lives away from me, I can't let you take them away," he screamed, his tone filled with anger.

"I have to go back home, and my twins are coming with me," I stated calmly.

"I can't let you take them away. You could've told me when you got pregnant. You could've told me. At least then, I wouldn't have lost nearly five years of their lives!"

"I could've told you?! You, Nicole and your whole crew would've probably accuse me of lying for attention or something. Have you forgotten what they did to me when I was there? While you just stood there, like the great Alpha you are," I retorted in a bitter tone.

"I would've believed you. I would've held you tight and never let you go. Do you how many people in our pack are sorry for what they did? Do know how sorry we all are? How sorry your brother is? How sorry I am?" he whispered the last part.

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes, but I closed my eyes, determined to show him that I wasn't that weak, little girl anymore.

I scoffed. "Of course you're sorry now. After all, I am famous and rich now, and then all of a sudden, you and the pack are sorry. Please."

"No, that's not why we want you back. We want you back because we truly love you, more than you would ever know, and we want to show how sorry we are. Do you know your brother used to sit in your bedroom nearly every night, crying his eyes out because he loved you? Do you know how much, we as a pack, searched for you day and night, hoping and praying that you weren't ill, or worse dead?! Do you know how much your brother blamed himself for you running away, even though it was my mostly my fault?" he whispered the last part as crystal tears dropped his eyes.

I didn't say anything. Why? Because I was stunned. Absolutely flabbergasted.

I never thought Ryan would miss me so much or he'd feel this guilty. I knew Chase was telling the truth because he spoke with such sincerity and honesty in his eyes.

"I don't know Chase. I don't know. I don't want to get hurt again," I blurted out after ten minutes of silence. I can't believe it, I just told him what I feared the most. Stupid me!

"You won't get hurt ever again. I promise you, and I'll prove it to you, that we won't ever hurt you again."

***

Hola mis amigos,

Long time no see, well that's my fault. Anyways, hoped you liked this chapter, and sorry about the mistakes, it's not proof-read or edited, because seriously, who's sad enough to be spending their New Year editing or proof-reading, not me for sure.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! This is a new present from me for being the amazing people that you are. Love you loads, because like they say: Without you, there's no me. Or something like that, I don't know.

The one-liners are from Take Me Out, I miss that show, I thought it was hilarious, and some of the guys who came down were really fit.

And thank you for fanning, voting, commenting or reading. I was amazed when I saw I got over 500 votes last time, so thank you so much for that.

Wow. I'm turning so sappy, but only for you guys . . .

Hope to see you sooner,
Hasta la vista.

WildChilddd♥

P.S. You guys got any New Year resolutions?