Chapter Two

"IM LATE" I quickly sit up and look at my watch, I have 2 minutes until class. I quickly jump up, waking up Hanako. I had fallen asleep on him and now I'm late for school, great just my luck. I run down to the bathroom to grab my book bag, I stop to fix my hair and see Hanako standing behind me, his hair is messy and he has a smirk on his face. I quickly ran to class and made it in right as the bell rang "Mrs.y/n please take a seat" my teacher said sternly while cleaning off the chalkboard. I slumped down in my seat and tried to focus on the lesson but my head was full of thoughts. "Why were you late?" asked Aoi, "oh no reason" I replied trying to hide my face in my textbook. Aoi looked back at her books but I could tell she didn't believe me and my messy hair didn't help my case, how could I tell her I'm in love with Hanako, one of the 7 wonders, and ya know DEAD. lunch wasn't any better, "so tell me the real reason you were late," she said leaning into me, "no real reason I just slept in" I stumbled on my words. "Oh yeah sure," she said looking back at her lunch "I bet it's a boy," she said calmly, I freaked out and my face turned bright red. "So whos the boy," she said proudly like she had solved a murder. My face glowed even redder "you wouldn't know him" I mumble, "of course you have another crush I should have known earlier, ill figure out who he is" she said taking a bite of her food. The rest of lunch was silent.

*after school*

As usual, I go into the school bathrooms and try to get my cleaning done and out of there as fast as I can. "What's wrong y/n darling" Hanako appears in front of me with a worried look on his face, my face floods with blush "why would you think something is wrong" I move around him trying to get to work. "Well usually we make small talk before you jump into your work" he moves in front of me again, I try to look away and come up with an excuse "we fell asleep and I was late for class. That's what's wrong!" I wasn't lying, I was mad I was late. "Well next time we won't fall asleep," he said with a warm smile on his face, I froze. Next time? Will there be a next time? I wasn't against the idea at all. I loved hanging out with him and clearly, he enjoyed my company, there's no way he would like me though. I picked up my thoughts and continued to clean. On my way out Hanako stopped me, "tomorrow meet me under the tree instead of in the bathroom, and bring doughnuts!!" I nod and quickly get out of there. I know I need to talk to someone but it can't be Aoi and it certainly can't be Hanako, I'll talk to Kou and he will help me through this.

*next day*

"Kou we need to talk" I run up to him in the hallway and pull him into a closet. "What's wrong?" he says startled, "you have to promise not to tell Hanako," I say looking his dead in the eyes. "Come on y/n you know you can tell me anything," he says more interested than concerned, "so the other day I and Hanako went stargazing and well.." I struggle to speak. "Well, I kinda and it's really no big deal but i.." I stumble on my words "come on just say it!" Kou firmly says "I'M IN LOVE WITH HANAKO" I blurt out practically yelling. Kou stands there in shock, it's clear he's not very good with girl talk.  Finally, he calmly speaks, "Seriously", "YES SERIOUSLY" I yell.  "Well, what are you gonna do," said Kou, trying not to laugh. "I don't know, that's why I told you, do you think he likes me back?" I say, playing with my hair and staring at my feet. "Doesn't matter if he likes you back he's dead! And yes I think he does'' said Kou. my eyes light up with hope, maybe he does like me back, but what does it matter he's dead.

The school bell rings so we leave, time to meet Hanako for who knows why behind the school under a tree. When I arrive I see Hanako sitting on an old blanket with a bag of something "well hello darling" he says with a smile guiding me to sit down, "what's this all about?" I ask cleaning off a spot to sit down, "I just thought you would like a break from cleaning the bathroom," he says, pulling donuts out of the bag. "Did you make those yourself?" I ask in shock. "Oh no I asked Kou to make them" he chuckled. He was right to ask Kou these doughnuts were amazing, "so who's this boy you're in love with?" he says smirking, I freeze in place and nearly choke on my food, my heart is beating rapidly and a million thoughts fill my head. "I don't know what you're talking about." I say trying to pull myself together, "come on you can tell me, my Hakujoudai overheard you talking to Kou but didn't hear a name," said Hanako taking a bit of his doughnut, "your orb things must have heard wrong because I-'' my sentence gets cut off when a loud bang comes from behind the tree.