"Thanks," you murmur.

He turns his gaze sideways at Tanner. "So you've told her?"

"I was about to," he defends.

"Tell me what?" you ask.

Levi turns back to you. "That you're staying here."

You stiffen, twisting your fingers into the fabric of the jacket that apparently belongs to you. "What? But I thought-"

"You don't have anywhere else to go," he says, cutting you off, and you pause. What's he talking about? "No one knows if you have family. You're not rejoining the scouts. You've got nowhere else to stay. Erwin arranged for you to stay in the hospital room as long as there's availability."

Tanner gulps. "What he said."

"Oh," you say lowly. Unfortunately, that makes sense.

There's an uncomfortable silence that follows. Levi starts towards the door. You don't try to stop him this time; no matter what you say, he's not going to give you anything useful. But at the last second, he pauses, his hand on the doorknob. Tanner stands up with his papers, ready to make his leave. Levi opens the door for him and the assistant skitters out without a look back.

Before he leaves, Levi turns back to you. "You've got a scar," he says. "On your right side, just above your hip."

You drop your jacket like a stone into your lap and shove down the sheet that's covering you. You grab the edge of the shirt you're wearing and pull it up to your midsection. Yes, you'd taken a look at yourself since you'd woken up, but you had dozens of scars everywhere. This one you remember. It's an angry red slit angled over your hip, in line with your naval. "You know how I got it?" you ask eagerly.

Levi nods. "Yeah."

"How?"

"I stabbed you."

You blink. "You what?"

With one last look, Levi closes the door, leaving you alone in your room. "Levi!" you yell in frustration, swinging your legs over the bed. You stand up shakily and step towards the door, using the bed for support. Your ankle feels fine, so you put a bit of extra weight on it as you lunge for the door.

You pull the knob. Locked.

How can that asshole just leave you with that?

You slam a fist on the door. "Levi!" you shout angrily. No response, no footsteps. That fucking asshole. You hit the door one more time, gritting your teeth. "Asshole," you snarl, but the venom is dripping out of you. You don't feel angry anymore- just upset. "Asshole," you mutter again, and your hands drop away from the door. 

You pad back to your bed, fuming, and seize your jacket again. It's a nice coat- good to know you had a sense of style- and it has a few zippered pockets. Curiously, you start digging through.

The outer pockets reveal a few elastic bands, maybe for tying up hair, and a few folded up napkins. There's one secret pocket in the lining of the jacket, so small that you nearly miss it. You unzip it and pull out a charm hanging on a cord. It's a necklace.

"What the heck," you mutter, holding up the pendant. It looks like a triangle framed by a circle.

It doesn't cause any new memories to appear, nor do you recognize it from anything, so you slide it back into its pocket and keep exploring. The last pocket you go through is the most promising: there's two metal rods with weird hook patterns on the end. Frowning, you hold them up, turning them over in your hands. What were these for?

Something from Levi's first visit comes back to you. Thief. One of his words had been thief.

Your head snaps up to the door. You stumble back towards the door, hands practically vibrating in excitement. Were these tools to pick a lock? That seems like a common tool for thieves, right? You lean down towards the lock, looking from your tools to the doorknob.