⚕Eight⚕

Amira Rose's P.O.V

When I woke up, I wasn't in Room 13666... I was in the hospital wing, and I was surrounded by my dad, Marilyn, Sharon, Chuck and Steve. The other teachers must have been doing classes.

I noticed dad was holding my hand but no one had noticed I was awake. He was asleep in the rocking chair beside my bed. I squeezed his hand and he jumped awake. "Amira? Amira! Oh my God, thank fuck, you're awake." He said. He sounded so upset and frantic and that kind of hurt.

The other teachers looked up and Sharon ran out of the room, only to come back with a nurse.

The nurse ran some tests on my like blood pressure, sugar levels, nutrition and reflexes. She also told me how to take out the feeding tube that was apparently stuck down my nose.

It hurt like fuck, and I cried whilst doing it but I got it done and she took it away before coming back and putting in a clean feeding tube and some of those weird oxygen nubs that wit in your nose and help you breathe. Dad still looked worried.

"Dad? What's wrong??" I asked him. Dad sighed. "Amira.. you had been gone for weeks before anyone found you.. and by the time anyone did in fact find you, you were almost gone. It's now been another three weeks and you've only woken up now." Dad said. I felt my heart drop. Had I really missed that much?

"I-.. I'm sorry, dad... I didn't mean to be gone for so long.. or at all. I'm sorry I went t-to that room. I'm sorry, dad." I said and I started crying. The other teachers left and gave us a while.

Dad sat up on the bed beside me and hugged me tightly. I put my head on his shoulder and continued to cry.

"It's not your fault, Amira. This could have happened to anyone, not just you." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Who found me, dad?" I asked. Dad looked at me. "Alan." He said. I smiled. That guy was like my saviour at this point. I nodded.

Dad laughed. "What would your mother think? She would have a heart attack if it was her here and not me. Then again, I've been feeling like I've been having an ongoing stroke for the past seven weeks." He said, and I laughed.

My mother died when I was born. I've always felt really guilty about it because I never got to meet her.. and as problematic as he can be, Dad still adores her. He kept all her stuff for me, so I could get to know her. It's all back at home in America.

"What time is it?" I asked dad. "Nine thi-."

"Attention all students. We are going into immediate lockdown. Lock your doors and windows. Close your blinds and shutters and stay in your dorms. We do not know when we will be out of this lockdown but all of your fridges and cupboards and full of food and drinks. Stay put. Do not move. Do not panic. We will be okay." Marilyn's voice played over the intercom.

End Of Amira Rose's P.O.V

Axl jumped up off of his daughter's bed and ran out of the hospital room to the nurse. When he came back with the nurse, she began moving Amira's hospital bed. Axl was holding onto the drips that had her on her feeding tube and liquid nutrients and he carted them along side the bed.

"Dad, where are we going?" Amira asked, scared. "You're going back to your dorm to Alan Hammett and Jack Tyler." Axl told her. "Are you staying with us?" She asked.