Johnny. Her heart skipped a beat at realizing it was him, seeing as the second she walked in her eyes had searched the back of every one of the students' heads trying to find him.

"Warm them up." The Sensei ordered and without one word, Johnny obeyed.

Rosana couldn't see Johnny as he walked to the front of the class because of how short she was and there were many students blocking her view.

"Ay," Johnny said strongly, making every student bow to him and he bowed as well, his eyes in front of him till it went over the other students' heads to meet Daniel's;  whose eyes immediately drained from its exuberance and his shoulders sunk in disappointment.

Rosana shook her head softly when Daniel groaned quietly, "Oh, man." And Johnny smirked at him, obviously enjoying this before his eyes moved to Rosana's who rolled her eyes at him and gave him a stern look that definitely gave the message of 'Don't mess with Danny" but her eyes were also tinted with humour and happiness. She was glad to see that he was wearing the headband she got him and it was funny to see Johnny try to hide his smirk and holding himself back from laughing in the middle of a serious karate class. 

Johnny throws her a small genuine smile that Daniel certainly didn't miss before Johnny said again, "Ay." Then everyone stood straight.

Rosana saw Daniel move from his sitting spot, went past her and to the door when Johnny yelled, "Fighting positions! Jab punch. Ready!"

The sounds of Johnny's short screams as he jabs the air echoed and made the other students follow while she heard the faint sound of a door closing; meaning Danny left.

Rosana's eyes moved away from the half view she has of Johnny to the feel of eyes staring right at her only to be met with the gaze of the Sensei staring at her intensely.

Rosana wanted to flinch. She wanted to lower her gaze, back away. Hell, she wanted to cower in a hole and stay there from the cold fire burning in those eyes but the first lesson she was learning from Johnny since the day they met ran through her head.

"Never take your eyes off your opponent. Never show them your fear or your pain. Stare back. The moment you show weakness they will attack. You are either the predator or the prey. Which do you want to be, Rosana?"

"The predator." She had replied.

Rosana hardened her gaze and kept it on him unflinchingly before giving the man a short nod in greeting and respect.

It must have been the right thing to do because the man's lifted chin dipped into a nod as well as if acknowledging her with a slight gleam of respect in it before he turns back to his students.

Rosana walked out of the dojo without turning back and when she was finally a few feet away from it did she let go of the shaky breath that she had held in.

Fuck! That was intense. Who was that man? What was he? Seemed to be the better question because that man looked like fucking concrete.

***

"Danny—" Rosana starts as she sits down opposite him inside the restaurant their mother was at. Rosana had seen her talking to another woman when Rosana walked to Daniel.

"Did you know?"

Rosana hated and loved how her chest warmed at just hearing her twin talking to her even if it was just an accusation.

She raises a mock surprise brow, pointing at herself before looking over her shoulder and faking a short gasp, "Oh, you're talking to me?"

Daniel's grumpiness and frustration didn't melt from his eyes as he grits out, "Did you know, Rosana?"