3 ~ Remember? ~ 2

Începe de la început

"Let's take him around town," Seb suggests quickly, "and show him everywhere we hang out." Everyone nods as they start to walk outside.

Big Red noticed he hadn't moved yet. "Ricky? You coming?"

Ricky looks over at Mike first. His father responds with, "It's ok to go with them."

Ricky thought about it for a moment before agreeing. "Ok." He walks out too.

Nini is still glued to the couch with her head in her hands, not able to move. "I'll meet you guys out there," Big Red says. They nod and start walking and talking with Ricky about anything and everything.

Big Red looks at Mike, silently asking him if he and Nini could have a minute. The older man nods knowingly and goes upstairs to his own room. He carefully puts a hand on Nini's shoulder, and she jumps for a second before looking at who it was. "So... whatcha thinking about?" he asks first.

Nini looks at him as if that question really needed to be answered. "Everything. The last five minutes are just clouding my head." She leans back on the couch before rubbing her hands over her face.

"Do you want to join us on the tour we're about to give Ricky?"

Her first instinct is to say yes, but she hesitates. "I don't know. I want to, but I don't know if I can handle it if it doesn't do anything."

"I think it would be best if we're all there," he reasons, "but think of it like this: he's back, Nini. We got our best friend back."

"Did we though?" She looks up from her lap to properly face him. "He doesn't remember us. He doesn't remember anything; his life, his name. He called himself Richard, Red. Richard." That might be what hurts the most. He thinks he goes by Richard.

"It is hard; I'm not denying that. But won't it be so much better if we help him remember? We could at least try to, despite the hardship of it all. We go back to college in less than a month; I think we should spend it with him. Even if he doesn't properly know us."

Nini looks up at the ceiling to will the tears away. "Ok. Ok, let's do it. And if this fails?"

"We knock him over the head with a frying pan and see if that works." Nini laughs at his joke, appreciating that he was at least trying to make things better.

"Um, no. We will not be doing that."

"Well, let's get going then if you don't want to do the frying pan plan."

The two walk out of the house, and everyone begins discussing where they should go first. The decision: East High.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a Saturday, which at least meant there wouldn't be any people here. The gang pulled up into parking spots that were close to each other. Nini took a deep breath before getting out. "So... does the building look familiar?" Ashlyn asks Ricky.

He stares at it for a while before saying, "The words East High look familiar but other than that, no."

It's fine; we still have plenty of places to try, Nini tells herself.

A few minutes later, Carlos and Seb pull up. "Any luck so far?" Seb asks.

"No, not yet," EJ said.

"Try number two," Carlos mutters, walking up to the building.

"What are you doing?" Gina asks.

"Miss Jenn gave me her keys; that's where we were."

"She just entrusted you with her keys to the school?" Big Red asks.