Chapter 11 Rover

Jack's POV

"I gotta document this, cause today is major" I said to the rolling camera that I put on a drone. "Because as soon as I get gas for Big Mama, we're going to complete the ultimate feat of apocalyptic success, impressing Y/N by rescuing June Del Toro, and I know exactly how it's gonna go" I said smirking as I picture my dream situation.

"Won't some tall, attractive middle-schooler save that poor damsel in distress?" Y/N says from a rock ledge overseeing June getting attacked by two monsters.

"Never fear, Jack Sullivan is here" I yell as I do an epic hero pose! The huge monster roars at me, but I throw my mighty sword and quickly defeat it. But another monster grabbed June, so I do a mighty jump and wink at Y/N who is still on the ledge. I then brilliantly slaw the monster and catch June before she hits the ground. Y/N runs down from the ledge and jumps into my arms. "My hero" Y/N says while hugging me.

"Yep, definitely going to be like that" I say while my daydream ends. I then see that I'm hugging a huge plastic person. "Note to self, stop daydreaming so much" I say while apologizing to the plastic man.

I then gasp. "A gas station I haven't exploded yet" I say excitedly. I then quickly fill the gas tanks and get ready to leave, when I see a leaf air freshener. "Ooh, free colonge" I exclaim. I then smell the leaf the smelled of peppermint. "Gotta smell good for the big day" I say as I rub the leaf around my body.

I then accidentally knock into the visor near the roof of the car, and something falls out. "Blake family reunion. Love you guys" I read off the picture postcard. I then sigh, "Oh man" I then put the picture back where it originally was. "Those people in the picture, I envy them. Even though they're probably zombies by now. At least they had a chance to be a family, a real family. I never had that. Although now with Princess, Quint, and Dirk and. Oh uh, note to self: edit out all that emotional stuff later. Gotta maintain my cool action hero exterior. BOOm" But then something tackles me to the ground. I let out a scream. 

I then see a huge snarling monster on top of me. I get ready for it to bit my head off. But then the dog-like monster starts giving me huge slobbery licks. "Ugh bleh. Ugh. Saliva overload. Now get off me, you overgrown mutt monster" I say playfully as I gently shove the monster off me. The monster then proceeds to almost dance around me as I stand up. 

I then see that he's sniffing my backpack. I then grab the air freshener from my backpack. "Is this what you want? Here, fetch boy" I saw as I throw the air freshener far away. The monster chases after it and I then grab my gas tank. But then the monster quickly came back. "Whoa. Um, no, you can keep it" I say as I once again throw it. I then start to run home. But then I hear a whine behind me. I groan as I turn around and see that he has my drone in his mouth. "Hey give me that. That's how I document my coolness" I say as I put the now slobbery drone safely in my backpack. The monster then licks my back, and I am now annoyed. "Stay back" I yell as I point at the beast. "I don't have time to play ok" I then turn around. 

But I then hear a thud behind me and see the monster on its stomach. "Sorry, boy, you'll have to get your belly rubbed elsewhere. Oh, and thanks again for not killing me" I yell as I finally run down the street toward the treehouse. 

But then I turn  a corner and run into something. I look up and there is a hord of zombies. They all notice me and start to surround me. "OK, zombies, you give me no choice. Batter up" I say as I grab my trusty spicked bat. 

But as I grab it, it is thrown from my hand. "Oh, dog monster slobber" I say as I shake my hand. I then see the zombies getting closer and close my eyes. But then I hear a big thump and a snarl, but not a zombie snarl. I open my eyes and see the dog monster fighting off the zombies, hitting them with his tail. "Woah, tail tornado. Tail-nado" I yell excitedly.