Being The Friend

The four hours conference came to a fine ending. The young achievers from different fields greeted each other before parting their own ways. I was busy with my colleagues to set things right when Bianca came to me,

“Y/N, Mr. Stephen gave me a call. I’m moving now, so you have to take BTS to Mr. Antonio and give an introduction, follow what I said! Okay, I’m going…”

“What!? Wait…No, No, I can’t”

Antonio was the Secretary-General of the United Nations. I’ve met him once when I attended a meeting with the senior officials. He was a quite old fellow but a very amiable person. In the Common Hall, where the guest were scattered, I found the boys chatting with a assembly director. I composed myself and remembered the rules,

“Excuse me, Sir!” I called out Taehyung from his back to get their attention. He turned. (Don’t laugh and ruin it) “Good evening. May I request you all to accompany me to meet Sir Antonio, the secretary of our UN”

They looked confused and turned at Namjoon. “Of course, sure. Let’s go” he smiled. I gave a slight nod and lead them to the secretary.

They were discussing behind me.

Tae : What happened to her?

Jungkook : I don’t know hyung.

Namjoon : It’s her job. That’s how she’s supposed to act.

Jimin : But it’s funny
(Jiminssi could you please stob it)

Suga was silent just listening them. We reached Mr. Antonio who was in company with his wife and his long-time friend also a worker in UN Mr. Mark. I greeted him.

“Good evening Mr & Mrs. Guterres, Here I….”

“Uh….BTS. You guys are BTS, right” He shook hands with them “The biggest boy band, the grammy winners, billboard toppers, and many more”

“Pleasure meeting you sir” Namjoon said.

“I’m very much honored to meet you” He smiled “And you, Y/N, how are you? It’s been a long time”

“Yeah, right sir! I’m happy that you remember me!”

“How could I forget you?” He patted my head like I was a little kid (actually I’m) “The live BTS promoter!”

“What?” Jungkook’s curiosity popped.

“Yah, we met in a meeting and I accidently said ‘I don’t know much about BTS’ , she sat with me for half an hour narrating your whole history starting from…..which year, you said? Oh no, I’m not ready to get caught again, wait…Hmm….2013, right? I’m a good student”

(Give me a blanket to cover my whole self, Let me disappear) I was so embarrassed to the peak. I looked at them and thought “It’s not my fault, oppa. It’s his fault. What can I do?”
They were trying hard to be professional same as me.

“She’s indeed a good storyteller. I was impressed when I came to know about your hard works, your passion towards music, your contribution to the music industry, your country and to this world. We are really honored to have you here, it’s from her words I learned how much you are needed to this society and I decided to invite you to the assembly. You did great!!”

I widened my eyes in surprise. Their eyes and face were glowing in proud. I looked at suga and he smiled at me giving “That’s my girl” look.

Namjoon responded “Thank you for inviting us here. We had a great time and we learnt a lot which will help us grow and thank you Y/N…..”

I shook my head “No thank you and sorry between Ar…..” (Army friends? Stupid!! It mixed with my blood and became habitual)

“No thank you and sorry between..Friends!” I managed.

“Friends?” The secretary came in “You said you love them? There are seven of them, who you gonna marry?” He laughed.

(I’ve to run away, out of this place…no…out of this city, if I could, out of this damn earth, RIGHT NOW!!!!)

“I lo…I like…They are like my….Friends, sir. Best Friends” It came out of me without any plan, and was overwhelming when I said it before them.

Suga nodded “Yeah, we are best friends”

“Okay…Haha! I’m just kidding” Mr. Antonio chuckled.

And the moment came…It’s time for the participants to leave. The manager brought the car for the boys. I was standing with my mates to bid farewell to our guests. They greeted before entering the car….

“Good bye. We enjoyed here. Thank You” - Jin

“Thank You. Bye everyone” - Taehyung

“Let’s meet again next year. Ba-bye” - Jimin

“It’s a wonderful day. I’m Happy, Thank you”- J-Hope

“I’m grateful to be here. Thank you to the members who arranged this great event” – Namjoon

“Thank you guys, it was amazing” – Jungkook

“Hope to meet soon, Good bye all” – Suga

That’s it? He’s parting again, leaving me behind, ALONE. Atleast, he said Good bye this time. What’s with that Drama? I was so trusfrated!!..Frustrated???!!!! I wished I should not meet him again, but I did, does it mean I’m lucky? Or….I’m cursed??

Now, he’s not with me again, was it my fate?

I went to my apartment as soon as possible, locked the door, without even getting changed, I played Taylor swift’s song…..

“I knew you were trouble when you walked in,
Trouble….Trouble….Trouble!!!”

The door bell rang.

“Yes….Coming”

I opened the door and I freezed.

“Oppa??!!!”

-To be Continued.....