Twenty One "Part 1"

Start from the beginning

'Townsey had sex with the ch*nk!'

Racial slurs and derogatory terms about her facial features were not a surprise to her. They told her on a daily just how ugly they found her and that the real reason behind her being not chosen by every foster parent was due to her indifference.

Rika struggled with her identity, she was well-aware that she half-Japanese, half-American, but she had no idea which one of her parents were which.

She never felt like she belonged anywhere.

"I must say, Manhattan looks rather different this year, don't you think?" Marco's teasing entered the room before he did, opening the door widely, she stole a glance of the suited man walking inside.

Rolling her eyes, she did a once over of his three-piece suit, smiling at the clean-shaven beard she saw.

She slipped on the pair of clear heels by her feet, curtesy of her hostess, and fixed her hair one last time. Her long hair had been left down in waves, dangly gold earrings and her 'Lovey' chain accessorised her fancy illusion.

"Don't you start." She muttered briskly, turning to give him a full show of her getup. "I'm not happy about this, just so you know."

He nodded in approval, a shit-eating grin setting on his face.

"Besides, I know you secretly wanted to stay here for New Year's anyway, so you're welcome."

He chuckled. "So our change of plan has nothing to do with the man across from this very room?"

Knowing where he was edging the conversation towards, she shook her head promptly. "It has nothing to do with that, I decided you were right after all. We have never celebrated New Year's properly and where better to start than at a party filled with famous faces."

"Yeah, of course, I'm sure you would love that." He retorted, winking eyes staring into her soul. "You'll fit right in, you appear to be quite popular around here as it is."

His sarcasm made her grunt, smacking his arm. "It's not funny, wipe that stupid smile off your face."

"I didn't know it was such a crime to smile, sweetheart."

Giving him another warning glare, she felt him nudge the tip of her nose with his finger.

"You look beautiful." He commended, his words soaked in satire. "Now let's go down already. I'm afraid I'm going to be fending off every single person that dares to look your way tonight."

A warm blushed crept up her neck, the self-doubt perished away in one soft sigh. "You really are something, Mr. Finchley."

Taking her hand in his, he brought her hand up to his lips like a true gentleman. A delicate kiss tickled her sensitive skin.

"Dont you forget it."

• • •

Janessa was finding it difficult to overcome her irritation, rendering the two men to smirk at her reaction.

"I don't like your friend, Daddy." She tried to whisper into his ear, her attempts were unsuccessful as a deeper chuckle vibrated his ears.