Shao Qing frowned too. "It's because the meeting is coming up soon. Once we get it over with, Sect Leader Jin's workload will decrease by a lot. Perhaps in the past, the other Sects had relied on Lanling Jin right after Qishan Wen for majority of the work. I suspect that those minor Sects' behaviours still haven't changed a bit. It's frustrating, but as a major Sect, it is our duty."

Jin Ling lifted his head up from the paper he held. He looked at Shao Qing, as if trying to look for a clue. The latter noticed his gaze and tilted her head. "What is it, Sect Leader Jin?"

Slouching his back, Jin Ling set his head on the table gently. "Nothing. It's just that you talk like me now."

Shao Qing blushed. "That's because Sect Leader Jin has a major influence on Lanling Jin's citizens. We are all honoured to serve for you."

Jin Ling closed his eyes, and his arms covering his slightly tired expression. Yes. It's Sect Leader Jin.

He was planning to nap for a while. Shao Qing suggested that if he were to rest, she would set up his bed with the other maidservants for him to sleep. Of course, Jin Ling opposed to that suggestion. Which Sect Leader would take the daytime to sleep in? There was still a lot of work for him to complete.

Abruptly, the door to the Koi Tower had slammed open.

The loud deafening sound had placated Jin Ling's heart. His soul almost jumped out from his skin. Turning hesitantly around to the door, Jin Ling smiled nobly while trying to hide his sudden fright. "What is it, Jin Chan? Making such a loud ruckus during the day... I would've thought that you lost your mind."

At the doorway, Jin Chan slapped a hand over his mouth to cover his embarrassment. He had accidentally opened the door too loudly at the moment of impulse. "Sorry for that, Sect Leader Jin."

"It's fine." Jin Ling waved a hand. "What's wrong?"

Reminded of the issue, Jin Chan straightened his back while holding onto his clutches. It had been four ears since ten Koi Tower incident. Although one of his legs was still repairing, Jin Chan could walk properly as long as he had a clutch by his side. "I've come to report the latest incident. On District C, there have been a robbery attempt. The thief is on the run, and have stolen an important artifact from the museum."

Jin Chan coughed, "Who should we send to deal with the problem?"

Hesitating, Jin Ling looked over at his papers. He really didn't want to finish it. "How important is the artifact?" He asked instead.

Jin Chan responded, "It is the latest replica of Wei Wuxian's sword; Suibian."

Jin Ling immediately stood up from his chair. His expression was ugly and cold. "I'm going after the thief."

*****

A man clothed in thick black fabrics had darted out from a shop, with a bag storing the latest replica of Suibian held in his arms.

He ran while panting.

His every step felt heavier, but he didn't stop running.

If he wanted to feed his family properly, then he needed to steal something worthy and sell it onto the black market. He wanted to live. Back at home, his wife was still waiting for him to buy the groceries, and his two children were still waiting for their father to come back and teach them skills. His daughter was violent and strikes at impulse, however, she was kind and adores swordsmanship. His son was wimpy and timid, but he stands up for his sister and loves the brush.

The thief ran faster; his legs sprinting at an unprecedented pace. He didn't dare to stop.

He was willing to do whatever it takes to save his family.

However, that thought didn't last long when he felt a powerful force knock him off his feet. Tumbling down onto his knees, the thief accidentally let go of the bag storing Suibian. He gasped for air as a blow was landed on his stomach.

The thief coughed up spit and saliva as his arms were seized from behind.

Immediately, a pair of knees collapsed onto his own. The thief muffled his cries as he was immobilized. The cultivator who immobilized him had worn a GusuLan ribbon. Sizhui frowned. "This is the thief that Jin Ling was chasing after."

When he was still sitting at a table, Sizhui noticed a familiar figure running down the path. He realized it was Jin Ling and he was running after a thief! Without second thought, Sizhui decided to help out.

Behind him, Jin Ling strode down the path and arrived in front of the two men.

He sighed. "It isn't right to steal artifacts or commit robbery." Especially Wei Wuxian's artifact... he swallowed those words.

The thief had streams of tears welling in his eyes. "I'm doing this to save my family! My wife is still waiting for me to eat dinner together! My daughter wants to wield a sword and become a great cultivator! My son is tiny but his brushstrokes are elegant and composed! I'm doing this all for them!"

Hearing his sad story, Sizhui's grip on his arms had loosened.

The thief took the chance to escape. However, he was unsuccessful when Jin Ling grabbed onto his wrists and pulled his arms backwards. A sharp pain could be felt in the thief's arms. "Ow ow ow! I'll stop!"

Jin Ling nodded. By his side was Sizhui, who had let go of the thief.

Sizhui rubbed his own hands, as if they were burnt heavily. When Jin Ling grabbed the thief back; during that instant, their hands accidentally touched one another. Although the Sect Leader didn't seem to mind, Sizhui did. It had been a long time since they had contact, and every touch had zapped Sizhui and increased his impatience.

Unknowing of the thoughts of the young man beside him, Jin Ling lowered his gaze at the thief. He felt like it was indeed very pitiful. "Tell me your family's address. I'll tell Shao Qing to send them a mentor for swordsmanship and a pair of the best brushes. However, you're still going to be imprisoned."

Tears spilled down the thief's cheeks. "Mn."

Jin Ling sighed. "Next time, don't do something so idiotic."

Later on, a group of patrol guards had arrived and taken the thief away. Jin Ling had messaged Shao Qing to do as he told the thief, and the maidservant was already on her way to buy the needs.

Picking up the bag of Suibian's replica, Jin Ling lovingly looked at the artifact. It was like a waterfall of memories poured back inside his mind. Shaking his head, Jin Ling stopped looking and raised his head. His gaze met Sizhui's.

As if shocked by lightning, the two cultivators hurriedly looked away in the opposite direction.

Both had a layer of blush coating their cheeks.

Jin Ling coughed once before looking at Sizhui once more. "If Sizhui has nothing else to say, then I'll be on my way."

Finally aware of the consequences, Sizhui hurriedly looked back. "Wait!"

Jin Ling stood there without moving, "Yes?"

A wind tousled right between them, blowing their hair into the air elegantly. At that moment, Sizhui had to impulse to throw himself into Jin Ling's bosom and gobble him all up. However, he knew he could not do that. His own actions would only backlash at himself.

"I would like to have a conversation with you, Jin Ling." Sizhui nodded. His gaze was solid and unmoving.

Jin Ling arched an eyebrow. "I've told you already, it's Sect Leader Jin-"

"No," Sizhui interrupted. "I want to talk to Jin Ling, not Sect Leader Jin."

Jin Ling's beautiful phoenix eyes widened. For a second there, he felt his heart skip a beat. His ears reddened, hidden beneath his chestnut brown hair. By his side were his hands, which clenched into fists. His white knuckles protruded outwards, quivering at times while Jin Ling's breath hitched. The beautiful cultivator bit his bottom lip. They were exceptionally cherry red. Gradually, Jin Ling's mouth opened.

"Okay."